Charger Cover Broke

alfstoria1

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I am surprise that it didn't happen earlier, I got my SG5 on April and today the little plastic string just come off, my worry is if I want to do a trade (tmo) no having the USB door attached will lower the value. Any solution out there? :/

Posted via Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I am surprise that it didn't happen earlier, I got my SG5 on April and today the little plastic string just come off, my worry is if I want to do a trade (tmo) no having the USB door attached will lower the value. Any solution out there? :/

Solutions all through this thread. Take your pick......

sue8500

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The plastic part that attaches the cover to the phone snapped in half. You can remove the 2 screws on the back to release the other half. Samsung will not replace you have to send the phone to them. At least without your phone for 2 weeks. Mine broke today 1 day shy of beiing 2 months old. AT&T will not replace under warranty
SCREWED............ You can order an after market replacement cover.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I just took mine off and put it away in case I have to take it in. It's extremely easy to remove. Instruction can be found here. If your's broke and you want to replace it, I found this but I can't believe it's $19 for a little piece of plastic.

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the replacement parts in stock. google+ message me not sure of the rules and regulations of the message board, but the part is $18.99.
Mine broke also....had phone for about 2 months.

- - - Updated - - -

This is shipped from the USA you won't have to wait a month for it.

Can you tell us what site it is? (please don't tell me it's witrigs)

Sent from my SM-G900F using AC Forums mobile app

nik66

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Created an account just to post, same issue. Little black plastic strand came apart from plastic cover, clearly the glue holding it together came unbonded. Definitely a manufacturer's defect, I wasn't overly rough with it.

chrisfromwa1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung seems to be still ignoring the issue. Just pathetic that they won't do what's right and offer an updated design and actually fix the problem.

Everyone needs to keep posting on their FB page about this.

chrisfromwa1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung seems to be still ignoring the issue. Just pathetic that they won't do what's right and offer an updated design and actually fix the problem.

Everyone needs to keep posting on their FB page about this.

Hey,
So last night I posted on Samsungs FB about this issue again. I was surprised, that I got this response:

Samsung Support wrote: "Hi Chris! Sorry for the negative experience. If the USB port cover for your S5 broke, we can fix it for free. Please feel free to reach out through Samsung Support PM (private message) so that we can obtain information that we'll be needing for repair. Thanks. ^Joy"

But when I got up this morning, my post as well as the response was deleted. Anyone know what the Samsung Support Private message is? Wondering if they will actually fix it for free, or did 'Joy' respond by mistake and deleted it.

chrisfromwa1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
So last night I posted on Samsungs FB about this issue again. I was surprised, that I got this response:

But when I got up this morning, my post as well as the response was deleted. Anyone know what the Samsung Support Private message is? Wondering if they will actually fix it for free, or did 'Joy' respond by mistake and deleted it.

OK, update.
Samsung is sending me some shipping labels and are going to replace the port cover for free.

I'll update again once I get the phone back.

so I want to avoid breaking this again as much as possible. What wireless charging pad should I buy for this phone?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
OK, update.
Samsung is sending me some shipping labels and are going to replace the port cover for free.

so I want to avoid breaking this again as much as possible. What wireless charging pad should I buy for this phone?

It annoys me to no end that you must send your phone in for this. They could just send a replacement cover for you to install yourself. Its one screw and a tab to pop up. Its just to deter people if you ask me.

I'd get the Galaxy S5 OEM Wireless Battery Cover, Tylt Vu Qi Pad and a Belkin Grip Bumper. That's what I'm using and its great.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
OK, update.

This Qi receiver will fit inside the OEM case and does not buldge out the back at all.

At $18.99 it is only 20% of the cost of the Samsung Qi charging setup.
Plus, it includes the charging pad!

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine'

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This Qi receiver will fit inside the OEM case and does not buldge out the back at all.

At $18.99 it is only 20% of the cost of the Samsung Qi charging setup.
Plus, it includes the charging pad!

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine'

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't any Qi receiver cross the path of the seal in order to make contact? I could be wrong but I could swear I read this and if so that breaks the seal.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I noticed on ebay, you can order a replacement for around 5 dollars from several different vendors... I'm gonna try and glue mine first

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s5

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I was using the spigen neo hybrid case for mine and the charger cover was too hard to open with the case on so I eventually took my charger cover off completely. It was more of a nuisance to me than anything.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes this happened to me. I'm trying to find out how to get it fixed. Without the cover, our phones are no longer water proof.

First, I want to clarify that the phone is in fact not water proof. It's water resistant and that's it. You may have meant that but its clarification for anyone who may not.

Its unacceptable that it broke but its still resistant to water when the tab breaks. You just have to keep track of it when removed.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Before work this morning I used a little dab of jb weld and 8 hours later it's back to normal.
I have decided to order a couple covers from eBay (Hong Kong should take a while). Forget Samsung!! No way am I sending my phone out... Under 10 bucks for 2 covers... I'm leaving them off anyhow.... Just want them for resale reasons🚮

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s5

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae