Charger Cover Broke

Alina Aricyk

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Bsettz,

Have you tried to put it in water to se if the water resistant feature still works after you have changed the port cover?
I am having the same issue like everyone else and samsung is not helping.
The store I bought it from told me ill have to change the entire cover to have it fixed
But I am lookingfor a cheaper solution which would still keep the water proof feature

Thanks

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Bsettz,

Have you tried to put it in water to se if the water resistant feature still works after you have changed the port cover?
I am having the same issue like everyone else and samsung is not helping.
The store I bought it from told me ill have to change the entire cover to have it fixed
But I am lookingfor a cheaper solution which would still keep the water proof feature

Thanks

Im not puttn my phone in water intentionally. Its sealed deal wit it wen it happens my cofidence is renewed have faith lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I just opened mine yesterday to charge it and it broke off at the hinge. I can put it back on and seal it off, but thats just unacceptable when these phones cost as much as they do! I have to say I love the phone but it is also the hardest phone I have ever had to insert the charger! Not sure if this cover is covered under the manufacturers warranty, but it darn sure should be.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, why do people ask that question. Like, "Have you driven your car into a tree to be sure the airbags work?"

Lmao right im sure it a hold up lol im not going to test it out. Didnt buy it to go swimming. Brought it cuz im accident prone wth phones. If you do it intentionally. .. wel its no longer an accident.. I love the forums. ..

Posted via the Android Central App

mayla143

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problems now I'm out of the country where I purshase the phone can't really do much now. Hopefully I get to take it to the nearest phone shop to fixed it.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that is the proper thing to do.
Just get a new cover, or get a water tight case.

Love your avatar, the "other side of the glass" is always greener
ROFL.gif

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
It's good not many has reported more. Mines a pain to open I have to pick at it
I just got a new one for work (we were on a pilot and first I had a Note 2 and then an SGS5 to pilot and now ANOTHER as the official one) and I am not impressed with that cover. It is a royal pain to open.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
You can always take it off. Just google how to change it and there should be some videos on it. Takes about 2 minutes total.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
You can always take it off. Just google how to change it and there should be some videos on it. Takes about 2 minutes total.
Well it's work issued do I really don't want to tamper with it.
If it were my own yes, I would remove it immediately.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Shoulda knocked on wood last time I posted here... My situations a little different. My phone got yanked off the table while charging and landed directly on the open cover, snapped it in half. I already have some replacement covers coming. Sad part is that I thought it might happen but still continued moving stuff around, and there it went. The tutorials look easy enough to follow so replacement won't be so tough. The thing I'm worried about is will my phone go back to its original water resistant state even if I put a new cover on? Anyone had the experience?

Boom! From My S5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
sorry to hear of your charger port cover's demise.

I don't like cords hanging from my phone where they are likely to end up on the floor... I have feet and hands with magnets in them. If at all possible, stuff gravitates towards me and crash!! on the floor.

That is the single best reason I installed a Qi charger the same week I bought the phone back in April 2014 release day.

Knock on the same wood chunk, my cover port still appears to be healthy. But, I do have to use that port once in a while to transfer pictures/screenshots to the PC.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought a replacement kit and got it today, however I realized to my dismay that the screwdriver that came with it is literally a millimeter too big. :( now on the hunt for an eyeglass repair kit to see if that will work. Hopefully it isn't a special Samsung only screwdriver.

Boom! From My S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781