Horrible Battery Life

tipopilota

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else having horrible battery life. On Friday when i went to bed I had 80% battery life and when i woke up just about 6 hours later I had 30% batter life left, and then on Saturday night I had 60% and 8 hours later when i got up I was at 17% left. When i went in to the battery settings it showed Android OS was using the most battery usage. What could be sucking the battery down so quickly. I did do a reboot today and will see if that works for tomorrow but so far I am extremely disappointed in the battery life.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Two thoughts...

Why not plug it in overnight?

And that seems high compared to what I saw last night when I was too lazy plug it in. I lost less than 10%. Did you notice whether the screen was on long of that time?

Posted via Android Central App

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Make sure to always turn off Location Based Services, WiFi and Bluetooth when not in use. On the Kindle Fire HDX those three services can take the battery from 100% to 0% in just one day. Only turn them on when needed.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having horrible battery life. On Friday when i went to bed I had 80% battery life and when i woke up just about 6 hours later I had 30% batter life left, and then on Saturday night I had 60% and 8 hours later when i got up I was at 17% left. When i went in to the battery settings it showed Android OS was using the most battery usage. What could be sucking the battery down so quickly. I did do a reboot today and will see if that works for tomorrow but so far I am extremely disappointed in the battery life.

You have an app hitting something. Sorry, this can be hard to diagnose, but something is repeatedly requesting information from the OS. You have a couple of options. Remove a couple apps at a time until your battery starts lasting or reset and add the apps back slowly. I suppose there's an outside change that it's a bad battery but I'd put my money on a bad app.

In the meantime, remove and re-insert the battery and see if that helps (1% chance but better than nothing).

Good luck.

Sliver22

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah something is draining your battery. I took my phone off the charger when I woke up in the end middle of the night, and only lost about 2% over the course of 6 hours.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer