Galaxy S5 replacement batteries

melbay

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I searched both Amazon and eBay, and I can't find any US shippers that have spare batteries and chargers in stock now. Soonest I'm seeing is shipping of April 30. There's got to be something faster.

Are there any non-Samsung batteries to avoid? I'm leaning towards buying Caseology, but they aren't shipping until mid-May.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: S5 replacement batteries

I searched both Amazon and eBay, and I can't find any US shippers that have spare batteries and chargers in stock now. Soonest I'm seeing is shipping of April 30. There's got to be something faster.

Are there any non-Samsung batteries to avoid? I'm leaning towards buying Caseology, but they aren't shipping until mid-May.

I bought one on eBay. Last year I went to a verizon store to get a spare for my T-Mobile S4. They verizon employee insisted it would not work and that I would not irreparable damage to my phone. (inappropriate language edited by Moderator) .

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Third party batteries would work fine, if designed correctly. Just beware that using third party may be of lower quality than OEM, and Samsung won't take responsibility should the battery explode, which admittedly is pretty rare but it has happened before

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Anker is a good third party battery maker. I use them for the spare batteries on my Note 3 :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Anker is a good third party battery maker. I use them for the spare batteries on my Note 3 :).

I too can say Anker has good batteries - and car charges as well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Anker is a good choice. But honestly, you can get an official battery for around $20 with the 50% off coupon floating around directly from Samsung. Not sure if it is out yet but the note 3 battery is that price, I suspect that the s5 would be around the same.

tlr115

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Waiting for Anker to come out with thier batteries for the gs5. I looked on Amazon but so far nothing from them.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Anker is a good choice. But honestly, you can get an official battery for around $20 with the 50% off coupon floating around directly from Samsung. Not sure if it is out yet but the note 3 battery is that price, I suspect that the s5 would be around the same.

True but you need the coupon to get that. Anker had a deal with 2 batteries and a spare charger for $20 :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

True but you need the coupon to get that. Anker had a deal with 2 batteries and a spare charger for $20 :).

Of course third-party is cheaper. I am just suggesting or for those who want to buy Samsung

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

The Hyperion 2 batteries with charger actually have NFC, most the others don't, read the details on amazon, sells one with NFC and one without

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

A week ago, I got an email after it shipped and said they haven't worked out the kinks on NFC yet so they refunded me 5 bucks but its on its way.

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

A week ago, I got an email after it shipped and said they haven't worked out the kinks on NFC yet so they refunded me 5 bucks but its on its way.

I actually went ahead and ordered last night, before you answered. I got notification that it shipped today.

Mark

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

I actually went ahead and ordered last night, before you answered. I got notification that it shipped today.

Mark

Sweet, mine will be here tomorrow, sucks about the NFC but still not that big of a deal since I very seldom use it

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Sweet, mine will be here tomorrow, sucks about the NFC but still not that big of a deal since I very seldom use it

These batteries arrived this morning, and I'm using the Hyperion battery right now. NFC reports active. Going to go check that out in a bit. Will update.

Posted via Android Central App

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

These batteries arrived this morning, and I'm using the Hyperion battery right now. NFC reports active. Going to go check that out in a bit. Will update.

Yup, as had been stated, the nfc on these batteries appears not to work. Tried contactless at two places I normally use it, and neither worked.

I suspect the nfc icon shows in the status bar whether or not the phone actually has an nfc antenna attached, as long as you have that network selected as on.

Mjc