S5 Screen Lock - I now only get PIN or Password options

Wombaticus

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It was working fine with finger scanning, until an App asked me to do something security wise, now I can't get out of anything other than PIN or password (all other options are 'shaded out' so can't be selected).

The user guide is no use, it assumes I still get all options available.

Any ideas???

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It was working fine with finger scanning, until an App asked me to do something security wise, now I can't get out of anything other than PIN or password (all other options are 'shaded out' so can't be selected).

Any ideas???

What app was it that asked you to change security? If it is something that has specific security requirements, it will limit what you can use for login. Most exchange apps will do that.

Posted via Android Central App

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What app was it that asked you to change security? If it is something that has specific security requirements, it will limit what you can use for login. Most exchange apps will do that.

Yea if it's a work email or exchange it may force you to do a certain type security.

Eric Glass

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Any ideas???

How did you fix this because I'm not sure what I clicked for it to happen but mine is doing the same thing.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
How did you fix this because I'm not sure what I clicked for it to happen but mine is doing the same thing.
You'll want to go into Settings > Security > Device Administrators (that's what it is on stock android anyways, Samsung might have renamed it all).

Uncheck whatever is there that added the security requirements. FYI if it was your work email and you uncheck it, you wont get your work email any more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch