How to use Selective focus properly

greatguyokay

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, first time android user and I absolutely love my Samsung s5. I got her white! lol Im just amazed by how I have used it for 5 hours without charging and its sitting at 45%, and the amount of customization I can do. Love touch whiz as well. I love the camera as well, especially all the features it comes with! However, I do have an issue with selective focus. I am guessing its because I don't really know how to use it properly. Anytime I use selective focus I either get some message about subject not being found, or my contrast not being applied to the subject? I have tried using simple objects in the fore/back ground but to no luck. Are you guys disabling, enabling any other options along with selective focus? I have stabilization off and I believe my mode is set to auto, and my camera is set to adaptive environment.
First time I did was with my sister in the front and her painting in the back. Camera could not pick up either using selective focus. I used a tree branch in the foreground and a pen in the background and the camera would pick them both up and I could even take the shot but then I would get the message that picture was taken but effect could not be applied?

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone ever answer this anywhere?? I did a search, I am having this problem and cannot come close to figuring out what makes this feature work

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Working great here,make sure the front object should be about 10-60 cm away from the camera;
the background object should be at least twice of the distance mentioned above;
the background should be some objects, NOT plain walls;
the objects are not moving.

Tap on screen once to focus on front object, you should see green focus thing, then click the pic, then it processes, it takes few good shots to get it right but once you know it is very easy.