07-11-2016 04:16 PM
95 1234
tools
    Restart your phone
    06-05-2014 12:52 AM
    PLEASE GOTO SAMSUNG.COM AND LEAVE A REVIEW. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THIS WILL GET FIXED.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=86KUgIpW
    Same problem here. Mine works for about a minute then people can't hear me. software bug! I

hope Samsung is listening.
    Starting to hate my new S5. #ThatWasStupid :-)
    06-06-2014 12:23 AM
    I got my S5 when it first came out and started having this problem today. But a reboot seems to fix it. Hopefully it is a bug that will be fixed with the next update.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-06-2014 09:17 PM
    I have a Sprint Galaxy S5 I just purchased and have been experiencing the exact same problem. I don't even hear the ring tone with I call someone, but using speakerphone works. Turning Bluetooth off doesn't fix the problem; only resetting the phone does the trick. Frustrating. >.<
    06-07-2014 06:32 PM
    I came here to post in the under water trial thread and ran across this one. I had the same issue today (4 day old phone). I got a call but couldn't hear the caller and they couldn't hear me. I called them back and same thing. I couldn't hear if their phone was ringing and if/when they answered. My first thought was maybe it was because I took my phone into the pool and I was kicking myself for testing the claim it was water resistant. I think the bluetooth is the culprit because I suddenly had trouble connecting to my car even though it was previously paired. I powered off, took out the battery to check for water and closed it all back up...turned it on and it worked just fine. I do hope there is a fix in the works.
    06-07-2014 09:28 PM
    Whenever I have the issue of "can't hear caller, they can't hear me" it has ALWAYS been when I took off my BT headset but forgot to turn it OFF and it is still in range.

I quickly hit "speakerphone" and all is good to go.
    Bob31464 likes this.
    06-08-2014 04:25 AM
    I finally found a fix to the bluetooth portion, at least I believe I did as it worked for a couple of months. I had turned on Power Saving Mode and Block background data. When I turned this back off my phone and blue tooth worked properly again. HOWEVER, my son is borrowing my truck this weekend and my Bluetooth is in the truck and my phone started up again. Only way anyone could hear me is if I had my phone on speaker phone or my wireless Bluetooth headphones I have in the house. After trying several settings, restarting my phone, taking out the battery with no luck, I came back on here and saw the new comments with the same issues. So I tried putting a staple (versus small paper clip) in the small hole at the bottom to the left of the charger hole and it started working again. Let's see how long this lasts. I love this phone but this issue has got to stop!
    shelbrit likes this.
    06-08-2014 10:47 PM
    I think this has to do with water resistant properties. Both mics have a membrane inside the housing to keep water out. This is buffering the sound coming into both mics. This is why people can't hear you on speaker phone unless you speak directly into the mic in close range which defies even having speakerphone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app
    06-11-2014 08:17 AM
    Mine was doing the same and it was making me mad, 2 weeks old. I restarted it and turned all the volumes from off/vibrate and tested a call and it started working. Not sure if it decided to stop being a POS or that was the reason. More testing is needed.
    06-20-2014 08:31 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my samsung galaxy note 2. If you figure it out please let me know
    06-21-2014 08:45 AM
    I have the Samsung S4 and started having the issue when I placed a call the called heard static and I could not hear anything. Speaker would not work, only thing that worked was the bluetooth.

I cleared the cache and it seems to be working. Below are the instructions. Hope this helps someone.

Samsung S4
    Wipe cache partition : This reset will not delete any personal data saved on your phone. Wipe cache partition means wiping the most commonly files from the cache stored by system.These files won’t be deleted from your phone in general so it’s SAFE to wipe the cache partition in order to a fresh start of your phone. So how to do it?

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    Volume Up key
    Home key
    Power key
    When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and theHome key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
    Press the Power key to select. The phone will automatically restart after the cache is wiped.
    06-22-2014 10:24 PM
    I was unable to hear anyone and they could not hear me unless I used my bluetooth. After a week, the bluetooth started working but would stop working in the middle of the call. I restored my phone to factory reset and now it's working. I used Kies to backup and restore. It did not restore exactly how I had it before, and my ringtones were not restored.
    06-24-2014 07:14 PM
    Restarting used to work for about 2 weeks, but no longer. Mine will not work at all now. I have the S4
    06-25-2014 06:22 AM
    My phone hasn't repeated this issue since the first time it occurred. I haven't had any more issues with the bluetooth in my car either. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't occur again.
    06-25-2014 09:36 PM
    I found out my problem, which may only help some.

But - I had bluetooth on in my car for phone calls. When I came home and made a call, it would only work on speaker phone. I've since disable bluetooth and shut down the phone/removed battery and it was back to normal. I think the bluetooth firmware has a glitch & was still trying to connect to my car (which isn't parked far away). I'm either going to have to deal with doing this each time or request a new phone. I travel a lot for work and constantly restarting/removing battery is tedious.

Is anyone else seeing similarities with their bluetooth and car coinciding with this issue? I'm narrowed it down to that for me.
    shelbrit likes this.
    06-26-2014 01:01 AM
    Have you fixed your Samsung problem? I just got a new phone and have the same problem.
    06-27-2014 04:55 PM
    I found out my problem, which may only help some.

But - I had bluetooth on in my car for phone calls. When I came home and made a call, it would only work on speaker phone. I've since disable bluetooth and shut down the phone/removed battery and it was back to normal. I think the bluetooth firmware has a glitch & was still trying to connect to my car (which isn't parked far away). I'm either going to have to deal with doing this each time or request a new phone. I travel a lot for work and constantly restarting/removing battery is tedious.

Is anyone else seeing similarities with their bluetooth and car coinciding with this issue? I'm narrowed it down to that for me.
    The same thing happened to me but I was in the store and my car in the parking lot. When I got home it did it again. I did the same as you, removed the battery and restarted. It only happened that one day and it was just after I first paired the phone and car.
    06-27-2014 06:06 PM
    This only happened to me AFTER the latest software update! I thought it was due to close proximity to my car, but it happens when I am very far from my car. I'm going to try the tiny reset hole on the bottom and other fixes here.
    06-29-2014 02:04 AM
    FIXED MINE: unpaired bluetooth settings, turned off bluetooth, turned phone off, then turned on. ;0) Works. Hope this helps. Of course I can't be bothered trying to pair and unpair my phone every time I want to use my bluetooth so I'll need to go in to the store and get resolve. Thanks for the suggestions which is how I got mine to work.
    06-29-2014 03:07 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my new HTC one x. What's worse, I can't even hear the caller using a headset or putting it on speaker. Thinking I'm going to have to return my phone.
    07-15-2014 01:16 PM
    Same problem on my new Galaxy 5. Clearly related to using Bluetooth. Once enabled to use speaker in car it somehow turns off the usual handheld functionality of the phone when not in the car. If I turn off blue tooth does not restore function. Must turn off blue tooth, un pair the car, and reboot the device then handheld function of phone returns. Have done this several times. Must be a bug? Bluetooth disconnect function not working?
    I believe you are on to something about connecting to Bluetooth as I believe my problems (not being able to hear) came around the same time I set up Bluetooth on vehicle. Hmmmm
    07-15-2014 01:46 PM
    Can this be fixed?
    07-16-2014 10:24 PM
    My sister had this issue with her S5 several days after she got hers..

All she had to do was reset the phone and it went back to normal, issue never returned. She called Telus to tell them and they had not heard of any other issues of this happening but when I looked online there had been several people who complained of this issue. This has not happened to my S5.
    07-16-2014 11:56 PM
    Same thing exactly is happening to me... Store made me do warranty claim. If there is any blemish at all they will not honor it warranty. Only speaker phone works but I am having them rush new phone for 14$ and I will send back faulty phone...not 2-3 weeks.... Only 2-3 days
    07-19-2014 05:34 PM
    identical problem on my new S5,restart worked for me , thanks !
    07-23-2014 04:09 AM
95 1234