07-11-2016 04:16 PM
95 1234
    This is a software problem! I have been seeing this for about a month and it occurred as soon as there was an update pushed to my galaxy S3 phone.The I have the LG HBS800 and I have had it replaced already I tried updating software again hoping Samsung had pushed fix or at&t perhaps but no success. The conversation goes one way with me hearing caller just fine but they can't hear me I can turn Bluetooth off and back on, go to speaker kand back to headphone, or just turn the Bluetooth option off and back on on the phone keypad. I can say without doubt this was direct result of update push. My wife has S4 active with same headset but no problems.
    07-29-2014 03:24 PM
    A friend had the same problem with an Android (I don't know the model) It was with the settings, it was on flight mode. My problem with my Samsung 3 was the keyboard. I found it almost impossible to type on... It was so frustrating...Way too sensitive! I fixed the problem.. Got another iPhone.
    07-31-2014 09:48 AM
    Seemed that the headset logo kept popping on. Once I stuck a headset and and removed it. It fixed my issue. Hope this helps.
    08-04-2014 07:21 PM
    Sorta same problem here on my S5. Except I can hear them fine, on every first call though, they can't hear me. Driving me nutz, can't do another replacement as I'm rooted now. First one was replaced same issue.
    08-13-2014 08:39 AM
    Same problem. Noticed I had my bluetooth setting on. When I took it off, called person back and they could hear me.
    08-16-2014 08:00 AM
    Once I took my bluetooth setting off, I called friend back and they could hear me fine.
    08-16-2014 08:04 AM
    Every time that has happened to me, my Bluetooth on the S5 was enabled BUT my Bluetooth device was NOT being used by me.

It just happened to be "ON" and "in range" and "in use".

Yes, it is very frustrating, but the first thing I do now when I take my BT headset off my scalp is to Force it to Power Off.

That totally resolved my one way audio problems.

08-16-2014 08:08 AM
    I broke my screen and put tape in the corner, unwittingly covering the little hole next to the charger socket. I removed it and hopefully my sound problem is solved. Never would have occurred to me! Thank you so much!
    08-21-2014 06:29 PM
    Try Pressing slightly and gently on the top of your phone near the front cam , which may solve this issue.. Thanks...
    This is a solution for not hearing the other person on the call unless loud speaker is switched on.
    08-21-2014 07:46 PM
    Are you using one of those signal boosters in your house? If so, you won't be able to hear, or be heard, if your tv or computer is using all your bandwidth.
    I can't her my phone ring or sound
    08-27-2014 10:45 PM
    I have had my phone now for about a month and a half. Actually bought the Active and thought that was the problem so switched it to the s5 only and still the same problem from the day i bought it. I can hear the caller fine but after about 5 min of speaking they cant hear me. Happens on almost every call. If i put in the speaker headphones works great they can hear me crystal clear and no problems. Obviously a software problem on there end! Sometimes i hear what sounds like bubbles. Very frustrating for expensive as this phone is!
    08-28-2014 04:21 PM
    I am having the same problem. I can barely use my phone as no one can hear me. Even I have hard time hearing. One of the basic feature for which a phone is used is to communicate and which is not working well.
    09-07-2014 08:33 AM
    You probably need to flash your modem. I used an odin file that was self intalling that did the trick. For mine I used SM-G900P_NE5_Modem. I had tried cleaning the hole etc, it was from a crappy rom install gone awry. Problem vanished, I verified it by setting up OK GOOGLE EVERYWHERE and that verified it was fixed even before trying to call anyone. Also clear your Cache in recovery couldn't hurt.
    09-13-2014 04:55 PM
    I had this problem, all of a sudden callers couldn't hear and and I couldn't hear them unless I was on speakerphone. I took the battery out and put it back in and everything started working perfectly again!

Good Luck!
    10-02-2014 10:01 AM
    I had the same problem with my new S5. I think I figured out a solution but only time will tell. What I did is I turned off the wifi feature on my phone thinking that the S5 will use the wifi for phone calls if it is set up for it and if my wifi has heavy traffic (me, wife, kids and other devices in the house accessing it) it could have an effect on the phone call since it would be fighting for band width. After I turned off my wifi feature and testing it out it made a huge improvement. I hope this helps.
    10-05-2014 01:00 PM
    Its a software issue. I had this problem as well they took my phone and replaced it.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎
    10-06-2014 05:34 PM
    IF you have mated up a Bluetooth headset, and IF it happens to be nearby and connects to the phone.

What you described is exactly what happens...

bit me a couple times before I realized that I must have bumped the 'connect' button on the BT headset while it was in my pocket.

A quick diagnosis method is to just touch the BT icon on the dialer and turn off BT.

If the audio returns, "you fixed it"
    10-06-2014 06:21 PM
    JMC you you are right on the button, followed your advice, [ paper clip is to big] but a tooth pick splintered down with a vacuum cleaner sucking at the same time in that hole {sounds sexy} but it does the trick, i had would you believe peanut butter in the hole, so to everyone else this is the only remedie John James7
    10-08-2014 09:29 PM
    Under settings find the Call icon. Tap that and then tap on section WiFi Calling. Tap on Connection Preferences. Setting which seems to resolve a lot of these issues is Cellular Network Preferred. I have done this and it has resolved a lot of the issues although I am still having "drop outs" when using the Bluetooth headset.
    10-20-2014 06:02 PM
    The issue you have is a known bug that I have seen posted all over the place and that I encountered when I got my phone. You may go through several replacements before you get one that works. I got my air compressor out. got it up to about 30 psi and blew out the microphone. Not an issue since then. Not sure if canned air will have enough psi to fix it. also i would not go to high on the psi of a air compressor. you could blow the microphone materials apart. The microphone is the tiny hole next to the charge port.
    10-21-2014 05:57 PM
    30 psi is too much for a delicate microphone condensor sensor.

Please restrict the air flow by keeping the blower tip at least a foot away from the phone.

blow across the hole, not directly into it.
    10-21-2014 08:06 PM
    Common problem, did you recently pair with a bluetooth device, esp. Hands free car unit? Turn off bluetooth on your phone. Turn off your phone. Turn phone back on, should fix problem. I think the connection with the other bluetooth device doesn't disconnect when you turn off the device (car unit). Ps check first to see if your car hands-free is stiil on, if so thats where your audio is.
    11-22-2014 02:46 PM
    This answer was for cant hear voice of either talker in phone.
    11-22-2014 02:48 PM

Did you get this issue resolved if so how? My sister took hers in to get her screen fixed (which the phone stopped working after being dropped) & now she is having the same issue. She can't hear anyone unless she has them on speaker. Thanks for any info!
    11-22-2014 11:12 PM
    I put up a post about this issue last month. I couldn't be heard unless my S5 was on speaker. Pulled the battery, sim, sd, factory reset it, nothing corrected it. My fix was a new S5. Then two weeks later the screen went out. This third one has been good so far though, fingers crossed....
    11-23-2014 12:14 AM
95 1234