Galaxy S5: Can't get texts from iPhone users

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: S5- Can't get texts from iPhone users

So Im going on 3 weeks now without being able to reliably get text from others in my family and friends that had previously sent me iMessages. Been round and round with AT&T and Apple. Still not working. The last Apple support tech told me that it is a client issue on the other end, so my friends and family, and that they need to update their iOS to 7.1.1 and then delete the text thread. So I've done that to 3 iPhones, guess what? IT DID NOT WORK. The worst part is they show as the message being delivered. But delivered where? I do not have iMessage or Facetime activated anywhere. I have removed my number for every possible place in Apple's systems. I have changed my e-mail address everywhere in Apple's systems. This is a seriously broken system.

Does this happen only in the US. I just went to an Android phone. I did a factory reset, and looking at iMessage on my Mac, its only associated with my email addresses and no longer my number. I also get my SMS fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

So Im going on 3 weeks now without being able to reliably get text from others in my family and friends that had previously sent me iMessages. Been round and round with AT&T and Apple. Still not working. The last Apple support tech told me that it is a client issue on the other end, so my friends and family, and that they need to update their iOS to 7.1.1 and then delete the text thread. So I've done that to 3 iPhones, guess what? IT DID NOT WORK. The worst part is they show as the message being delivered. But delivered where? I do not have iMessage or Facetime activated anywhere. I have removed my number for every possible place in Apple's systems. I have changed my e-mail address everywhere in Apple's systems. This is a seriously broken system.

They don't want to let you go.

Posted via Android Central App

Chevy_Guy05

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
You can call their tech support and get them to take the number out of the system. All is my issues were rectified within an hour or so.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I came from an iphone as well and was having the same issue did everything that people suggested and had no luck after 2 weeks I gave up and just changed my number no problems since...apple sucks

Sara Di

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You can call their tech support and get them to take the number out of the system. All is my issues were rectified within an hour or so.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Nope. Already did that two weeks ago. Didn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to remove yourself from iMessage by calling into apple support and asking them to remove your number from iMessage.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Did that 2 weeks ago, still doesn't work.

Sara Di

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Have yu reset your apple id password....I've heard that works as well

Did that, no luck.

I refuse to change my number so looks like I have to have everyone delete our previous convos. My uncle said he did that and it worked afterwards.

ogdlow

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

What a crock!!! My wife still can not get texts. In the same boat as Sara Di... .. Only way to get sms to work is to ask iphone users to send as sms..... This will Not Stand MAN!!

NJMama

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for all of your replies! I text that number and was going to call Apple but to get anywhere on the website you need the serial number (which I don't have) so I will call my local Apple store at lunch and see if they can help me out.

The iPhone was the only apple device I had so it should be the only one I have to disable.

All you need is your Apple ID when you call.

NJMama

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

I don't have the iPhone anymore, I traded it in to Verizon for the S5.

Still not getting texts from iPhone users that don't have their phone set up to send SMS if iMessage fails. Ugh.

Also, you need to delete all message threads in your phone.

goinovr

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

You need to de-authorize the line from Apple.

iTunes > Store > View Account
Enter ID and Pass
Scroll to iTunes in the Cloud > Manage Devices > Click Remove next to phone

foampro

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

It took almost a week but I think my # is finally de-registered. I tried everything from turning off imessage on my phone, on icloud.com, texting STOP, and calling into Apple. Magically today, I've been able to see my friend's group text. It was fine for 2 of my friends in the group but the third was being stubborn.

DCRicky

May 5, 2014
Visit site

It took almost a week but I think my # is finally de-registered. I tried everything from turning off imessage on my phone, on icloud.com, texting STOP, and calling into Apple. Magically today, I've been able to see my friend's group text. It was fine for 2 of my friends in the group but the third was being stubborn.
Is it fully fixed now?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I thought mine was fixed but tried sending a text to my mom with an attached pic and she never got it. She has an iPhone and we tested deleting our conversation a few days earlier and everything worked fine so I'm guessing the attached image somehow screwed things up. I did call Apple and I started explaining that I switched to android and having problems... the rep cut me off and finished my sentence with "text messages". So they are aware of the issue but I doubt they are really doing anything about it. The rep sent a text to my phone, I read her a code back and she said the request was in the system now and everything should be good after 72 hours... not gonna hold my breath.

Sara Di

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I thought mine was fixed but tried sending a text to my mom with an attached pic and she never got it. She has an iPhone and we tested deleting our conversation a few days earlier and everything worked fine so I'm guessing the attached image somehow screwed things up. I did call Apple and I started explaining that I switched to android and having problems... the rep cut me off and finished my sentence with "text messages". So they are aware of the issue but I doubt they are really doing anything about it. The rep sent a text to my phone, I read her a code back and she said the request was in the system now and everything should be good after 72 hours... not gonna hold my breath.

Let me know if it ends up working. I'm still not getting texts unless the person manually changes each text to send as sms. Freakin Apple. So fed up with them.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Let me know if it ends up working. I'm still not getting texts unless the person manually changes each text to send as sms. Freakin Apple. So fed up with them.

I understand your frustration. I don't think that I would get another iPhone because I wouldn't want to go through this again. I really think that it is an FCC issue that Apple is hijacking people's phone numbers.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

DCRicky

May 5, 2014
Visit site

I'm starting to get texts... At least it isnt sending a 'delivered' imessage anymore. I called apple and waitied two days, then finally just went back into my old phone with my sim and turned imessage on, texted a few people, then turned it off, texted a few people. I also FULLY deactivated imessage on my mac and ipad... didn't even keep the email options. I also called apple again, told them I needed to use my old phone and asked them to again remove my number from the system.

I got one MMS group message where the original didnt come through but the responses seemed to. I also had a couple of issues with pictures but hoping those will eventually work. Apple is calling me back this evening to followup. The people who were having the 'delivered' issue before can now text me. If they don't have auto send as SMS turned off it gives them an error and once they send a couple it seems to register on their phone I can't get imessages anymore. I figured it will take a bit to work out the kinks with certain people

HiddenPuppy

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
How do i get off from FaceTime if I don't have my iPhone anymore?

Had the same problem, here is what I had to do:

Before changing:
1. Turn off imessage on the iphone
2. logout of the itunes account on the iphone
3. logout of "find my iphone" on the iphone.

Still did not work so:
1. Had to call 1-800-myapple

got the song and dance about paying $19.95 for a one time tech support, said I had one, finally got a real person and they checked, sure enough still registered on the Apple servers, it took her about 5 minutes to undo it, sent me a text with a code I had to read back to her, she took care of it. 48 hours later all is well.

I liked my iphone, but I do not like the way Apple owns you, can't do anything without their permission.

Hope this helps

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance