Galaxy S5: Blue border around screen when typing fast or repeating 1 key, then frozen

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I type quickly (or pressing one button repeatedly quickly) and, often the screen would get a blue margin around the screen, and it gets into a weird mode, sort of a pseudo frozen state. I'd have to press the home button repeatedly to get out of that strange mode.

Anyone else experienced that and understands why that happens? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't sound like a common issue. It sounds like the Launcher (Touchwiz) is crashing in the background and since you're pressing the home button rapidly you miss the message.

Try another Launcher like Nova or something to see if this keeps happening. If so then it could be the keyboard crashing so I'd try a different one.. If the Launcher doesn't solve it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't sound like a common issue. It sounds like the Launcher (Touchwiz) is crashing in the background and since you're pressing the home button rapidly you miss the message.

Try another Launcher like Nova or something to see if this keeps happening. If so then it could be the keyboard crashing so I'd try a different one.. If the Launcher doesn't solve it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Thanks for your thoughts. Actually, one person mentioned to me that the screen might have mistakened it for a double tap, and that it went into a "screen shot" type of mode, hence the blue border around the entire screen and how the screen is no longer effective for inputting.

does that sound plausible? it is very annoying. it has happened with the S3, the S4, and now the S5. i think i might just be typing too fast, maybe?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Something else that comes to mind is Settings > Accessibility > Magnification Gestures. Ensure that option is disabled. To follow up on what Almeuit says, if the problem does turn out to be the launcher, I would force stop and clear data for it in Settings > Apps. The same goes for the keyboard, if that turns out to be the culprit. Trying an alternate launcher or keyboard, as he suggests, would probably be the easiest way to eliminate them as the cause.

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I type quickly (or pressing one button repeatedly quickly) and, often the screen would get a blue margin around the screen, and it gets into a weird mode, sort of a pseudo frozen state. I'd have to press the home button repeatedly to get out of that strange mode.

Anyone else experienced that and understands why that happens? Thanks.

You may have missed the post, but one guy here types far quicker than anyone else! 10,000 words a minute! I ask that he post a youtube video, because that would be simply amazing to see! I mean, that is like 160+ words a minute!! :eek:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-cant-stand-coming-droid-4-a.html#post3572738

But back on point, I can text quickly, yet I have not experienced what you describe. Hope you figure it out!

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Something else that comes to mind is Settings > Accessibility > Magnification Gestures. Ensure that option is disabled.

To follow up on what Almeuit says, if the problem does turn out to be the launcher, I would force stop and clear data for it in Settings > Apps. The same goes for the keyboard, if that turns out to be the culprit. Trying an alternate launcher or keyboard, as he suggests, would probably be the easiest way to eliminate them as the cause.

Hello Patrick,

Bingo! You're the best!

It was indeed the magnification gestures! I have not yet tried it out extensively as I just unchecked that option this evening, but it has been fine since then and i've attempted to trick it into the "blue border mode" by tapping one letter quickly to no avail. I think, Patrick, you solved the mystery!

I wonder why of all the good folks and the enthusiasts who are here on this forum, that I'm the only person who experienced this? Surely, I can't be the only person who types quickly. I'm not that fast in reality, but I suppose i'm not slow.

Thank you again, Patrick, for your expertise and generosity in sharing it!

Kudos!

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
No problem, I'm glad you got it sorted out. :) Some settings (developer/accessibility in particular) aren't used too often and so might not come to mind right away.

nick tran1

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Something else that comes to mind is Settings > Accessibility > Magnification Gestures. Ensure that option is disabled. To follow up on what Almeuit says, if the problem does turn out to be the launcher, I would force stop and clear data for it in Settings > Apps. The same goes for the keyboard, if that turns out to be the culprit. Trying an alternate launcher or keyboard, as he suggests, would probably be the easiest way to eliminate them as the cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid