Fingerprint scanner discussion

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure there is a thread for this specific feature so I'll start one. How is it working for you guys? I don't have the device, but to me it seems extremely useless in its current form, because it isn't a natural motion, where as in the iPhone it's more natural than swiping your finger downward.

Anyway, how are you guys liking the feature?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I find it annoying. I really want to use it, but I don't b/c it's not forgiving and only being able to unlock the phone in a specific way from a specific part of the screen is not convenient.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been using it and, while I was skeptical at first, I've come to like it. It's been generally accurate for me and gets you into the phone quickly. It may not be as "natural" as Apple's version, but you get accustomed to it. I've only been using my right thumb to scan, at a 45 degree angle or so (though it's generally pretty forgiving if the angle's not the same). It actually works ok one-handed too (at least with my right hand; can't get it to do as well left handed).

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I find it annoying. I really want to use it, but I don't b/c it's not forgiving and only being able to unlock the phone in a specific way from a specific part of the screen is not convenient.

Yea, same way I think about it, it's just very weird. They should have just straight copied apple instead of trying to do things differently just to say they didn't copy them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JD76ers

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it and I am getting much better at it. 1 or 2 tries does it now. I set up 2 thumb scans 1 w/both hands holding phone, 1 w/1 hand holding phone and 1 w/my index finger. Hope to have it working on 1st try by mid week.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried it out and I actually like it. I have it set up this way right now. You can register 3 fingerprints with the phone. I like it, no problems really.

mrg4512

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it everyday and actually like it. It's pretty accurate and I can usually access my phone in one try. However, it took me three attempts the other day and I had to enter either my email and password or PIN number. My recommendation is, to remember your password since I do not. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE it, I use it daily and its so much faster than pin to me
So much easier to unlock the phone in my car as well
It works about 95% of the time for me
I also like the extra security, cuz my cousins used to figure my pin and unlock my phone...not this time

mrg4512

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE it, I use it daily and its so much faster than pin to me
So much easier to unlock the phone in my car as well
It works about 95% of the time for me
I also like the extra security, cuz my cousins used to figure my pin and unlock my phone...not this time

Do you have any idea how to reset your pin?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any idea how to reset your pin?

Go into settings, put in your old pin, and then you can change it
If you forgot it, there used to be a "forgot pin" on my S4, maybe its there after u get it wrong a few times

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, mine is doing something really weird. I don't know if this is intended functionality or not.

If I have FPS set as the unlock method, and I turn the screen on, but not swipe my finger, after a while, the keyboard will pop up prompting me to enter the backup pw.

Seems like the screen should just turn off instead of pulling the keyboard up. Does this happen to anyone else?