Power button

newtda513

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
When I go to hit the power button to turn the screen then have to swipe the screen to get into the main screen. If I don't swiped fast enough it will go black again and I have to start all over again. Is this normal?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I go to hit the power button to turn the screen then have to swipe the screen to get into the main screen. If I don't swiped fast enough it will go black again and I have to start all over again. Is this normal?

Do you have an ability to change the lockscreen timeout? Otherwise, no, this does not sound normal.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It usually takes around 8 seconds or so (just guessing) till my screen goes black again. Is yours on this time?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

newtda513

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I was able make it stay on little bit longer. Whee do go to change it to 8seconds
?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was able make it stay on little bit longer. Whee do go to change it to 8seconds
?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

I never changed it to that. That's just how long mine stays on the lock screen before going off (if I don't touch it).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ex2k

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My power button seems abit flimsey....

Almost like a volume up and down button, it kind of goes up and down and seems loose. I thought this was a problem with the device but when i brought it back to the store and they checked another one it did the exact same thing.

Anyone else notice this? I wonder if it was the batch, I need to compare it to a device from another batch...

The power buttons on the S4 and note 3's dont do this. Has anyone else noticed this?