Lock screen replacement?

todd_k

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm brand new from Apple 4. The one thing I really miss is the notifications on the lock screen. I don't want to replace the home screen and all that, I just want to add notifications to the lock screen. I now that the S5 doesn't allow widgets that apparently older models did. Is there an app I can get that will replace the lock screen and allow me to view notifications like the apple did?

Thanks
Todd

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
go to settings message app tap top right selection menu or press and hold menu button, select settings, select notifications, choose lock screen or status bar or both and make sure slider switch is green/on

I think missed call is there by default

todd_k

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but I mean all notifications, not just messages. Like "You received a snapchat from so-and-so" and "Person x liked your instagram pic". Everything like that.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but I mean all notifications, not just messages. Like "You received a snapchat from so-and-so" and "Person x liked your instagram pic". Everything like that.

Sorry don't use these apps, but would guess it's up to the developer to add the functionality if permitted

todd_k

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Download NILS and the floating panel extension. You shouldn't have to do this, but to get the functionality you want, you'll need NILS.

I tried NILS, but it won't work on the lock screen on the S5 because widgets aren't allowed. Apparently they were on the S4, but no longer. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
We might have to wait for a S5 ROOT before we can put widgets on the lockscreen again.

But, who knows. Maybe Samsung will push an update and let us customize it again in the future.

trickym81

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried NILS, but it won't work on the lock screen on the S5 because widgets aren't allowed. Apparently they were on the S4, but no longer. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Doesn't the floating panel work without needing a lockscreen widget? I don't have a GS5, but that's how it works on other devices.
Otherwise, a combination of Widget Locker and Dashclock will work.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I do not have a S5 but widgets on the lock screen should work as it is part of the Android OS. You need to enable Multiple widgets under the lockscreen settings, just like on the S4. Once you do that, you should be able to add the NILS widget on the lockscreen

todd_k

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. WidgetLocker looks interesting, and I found one called SlideLock which seems very simple and what I am looking for. I'll try them both out. Thanks again, everyone.