09-20-2017 12:34 PM
64 123
tools
    Got my S5 phone about two weeks ago and it does constantly display this "Check battery cover" message.
    Tryed everything, change back to open and close it many times.
    08-26-2014 05:52 AM
    I never had random check battery cover issue until now that I am using S-view flip cover. the message randomly shows up..
    I am pretty sure Samsung did not use sensor to detect the back cover if its closed properly, rather it has some "services" running that when that particular services get restarted/tripped, it will show the message.. (just guessing.. since opening and closing back cover without restarting the phone did not trigger the warning).
    08-26-2014 09:32 AM
    I never had random check battery cover issue until now that I am using S-view flip cover. the message randomly shows up..
    I am pretty sure Samsung did not use sensor to detect the back cover if its closed properly, rather it has some "services" running that when that particular services get restarted/tripped, it will show the message.. (just guessing.. since opening and closing back cover without restarting the phone did not trigger the warning).
    Yes, i noticed this too. It's not constant, and i believe it seems like it only happens when I'm watching a movie. It's not constant, but it's annoying.
    09-13-2014 07:29 PM
    I get that same message on my S4 Active.. I was wondering if I root it and run cyanogenmod 11 will that fix my problem?
    09-24-2014 03:04 AM
    Got my S5 last Friday. Even since, I CONSTANTLY get a pop-up message that says "check battery cover", as if it's not sealed. I have tried to re-seat it numerous times. It appears to be sealed, everything snapped shut.

Anyone else getting this?
    I get it every time I restart my phone and I am afraid to put it in water for this reason. How do I know that it's fully closed?
    Oatmeal Warrior likes this.
    11-12-2014 08:39 AM
    Mine started doing it yesterday and today i took off the battery cover and the battery for about 5 min. after putting the battery and battery cover back on, it stopped annoying me.
    11-18-2014 01:21 AM
    Try removing ur battery for about 10 seconds then putting it back
    11-18-2014 08:47 AM
    Sounds to me like you are not fully seating the plug cover.
    12-10-2014 05:11 PM
    On the back of the phone are two contacts, I lifted up with a needle and I solved the problem: D
    02-09-2015 03:45 AM
    I found my answer here Check Battery Cover message problem - xda-developers
    Also a friend of mine red a lot of blogs and apparently there is issue between SanDick and Samusng mobile phones, they literally fry the cards.
    So if you have Samsung phone dont risk and put another card then Samsung one or your card might be fry as well.
    Huh? I'm confused. Are you suggesting that we shouldn't use an SD card because it could fry it? Seems counterintuitive since they gave us very little space, IMO.
    I've never seen the cover warning, so I can't add value, this post just struck me odd... Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    02-09-2015 09:13 AM
    That is just a default message, the phone doesn't know the battery cover is off or on.. Next time it pops up there should be a box to click to "Do not show this again". Click the box before closing the message. Sometimes you can get a message about the charging port door too.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Steven Choon likes this.
    02-09-2015 09:17 AM
    I am getting this check back cover message constantly, something like ten times a day. I get it when I end calls, I get it when I turn the screen on and it has been off for a long time, sometimes I even get it when I close apps. What a complete pain in the azz. Seems completely random.

Being an AT&T model I am not seeing a checkbox anywhere to not show this again.

I do have the wireless charging cover (genuine) which starts and stops quite a bit once fully charged, seems normal to me. Unfortunately it does make the puka sounds all night, I had to use macrodroid to cut that out.
    02-22-2015 12:53 PM
    I'm getting the same message several times a day. Seems like it started after Android 4.4.4 update. I did a Factory Reset with no improvement.

I have two S5's AT&T with S-View Flip Covers. Both have same issue and both have update. Only one was reset.
    02-24-2015 11:20 AM
    Hello,
    Try a hard reset in parametrs menu, if it dosen't go it's better to look for this problem with seller.
    02-24-2015 11:40 AM
    I did:
    Settings
    Backup and reset
    Factory data reset
    Is that what you're suggesting?
    02-24-2015 12:04 PM
    Mine was warning me constantly. Another reason to upgrade to Kit kat.

02-24-2015 01:35 PM
    mine too, it was so annoying as i already close the cover firmly. Hope Samsung will improve their products
    04-06-2015 12:11 PM
    I couldn't get rid of the S5 fast enough, I really don't get why Samsung is so popular with their software in that state. Annoying at every turn.
    04-06-2015 12:22 PM
    I get this with the Samsung flip case (wallet case) I bought for my S5. The Samsung flip case is brilliant, it sleeps the phone when you flip it shut and wakes it up when you filp it open.
    05-02-2015 11:31 AM
    Got my S5 last Friday. Even since, I CONSTANTLY get a pop-up message that says "check battery cover", as if it's not sealed. I have tried to re-seat it numerous times. It appears to be sealed, everything snapped shut.

Anyone else getting this?
    Hi there,
    I had the same problem, and I am writing this because I think I've found the solution. What I did was I took the cover off and I saw some point there two of them touch the points of cover, one of which I think is for sview screen and another one is for back cover warning. Now the problem was the two points in the phone went bit inside causing lose contact with cover points and the massage pop ups. I with care slightly lift them up and realised that actually they came up. And I turned the phone on. You don't believe that everything is absolutely fine now. Not a single time after that I got the back cover massage. but it should be done very carefully as this kind stuff is very fragile.
    So, all the best. and I certainly admit that I've used samsung and Iphone, I found samsung more user friendly.
    05-06-2015 07:03 AM
    how did you disable the battery door open reminder
    07-12-2015 10:39 AM
    I think I've finally found the solution at least in my case - opened the cover and found that battery had a slight bulge - replaced it with another and have gone hours with no annoying messages. . Hope this works for you.
    07-12-2015 11:45 PM
    Hi I also get random "check bettery cover" message when i open my s5 phone, i have two back covers, one is original and the other is a flip over type, so i ruled out a problem with covers,
    i read that it might be SD card issue, i had a 32gb scandisc SD in my s5 but i have just bought a samsung evo 64gb, and still get "check battery cover"
    haven't done a factory reset.
    08-15-2015 06:50 AM
    As far as I can tell, on kit kat, the battery cover warning is normal after a reboot - it's always going to pop up.

I'm rooted, and have it disabled via xposed framework.

08-17-2015 02:29 AM
    If you're willing to root your phone you can rid of the "Check Battery Cover" messages for good.
    Go to (I can't post a link because I haven't posted 10 times yet - ridiculous) gs5 dot wonderhowto dot com and use the search box to look for "check battery cover." The solution is titled "How to disable those annoying water damage popup reminders your galaxy s5."
    08-17-2015 06:54 PM
64 123