09-20-2017 12:34 PM
64 123
tools
    I had the same problem since 2 days ago when I first installed a 32Gb SD card.(Adata)
    Also gave me the "Unexpectedly unmounted" messages!
    I replaced the 32Bg with a HS 16Gb Sd card and all seems to be well again
    09-03-2015 07:24 AM
    Isn't there a way to solving this problem without compromising the phone's warranty? I almost gave up buying the S5 because of this problem, I was soooo ready to buy it and I'm very sad right now because it did a very long time to convince myself to buy a good, decent smartphone... (

OMG this thread has 123k views, it is painfully clear to me that there are a lot of people having this problem. Samsung should have just given the option to turn off those pop-up warnings to everyone like in Verizon models! I want to able to use the phone without annoying me! Such a shame for an amazing phone like this!!!
    09-09-2015 07:56 PM
    I get this with the Samsung flip case (wallet case) I bought for my S5. The Samsung flip case is brilliant, it sleeps the phone when you flip it shut and wakes it up when you filp it open.
    I had this same issue. Went back to stock back,
    now it's fine... I couldn't even open a phone call because the check battery cover messages would come on.
    09-15-2015 11:21 AM
    Well, I have rooted my phone and have XPosed and SUroot on my S5 and it has been really good. However over the last couple of days I have been getting the blasted popups again, even though it's switched off!

What's going on?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-14-2015 09:37 AM
    There is No checkbox nor scroll. That way you cannot disable it.
    I am searching for a way to COMPLETETLY del this message.
    12-20-2015 01:57 AM
    Did anyone solve those problems? Even after the last swcuriry update from samsung. The card.cover. plug messages still pop up like crazy.
    01-21-2016 06:15 PM
    Isn't there a way to solving this problem without compromising the phone's warranty? I almost gave up buying the S5 because of this problem, I was soooo ready to buy it and I'm very sad right now because it did a very long time to convince myself to buy a good, decent smartphone... (

OMG this thread has 123k views, it is painfully clear to me that there are a lot of people having this problem. Samsung should have just given the option to turn off those pop-up warnings to everyone like in Verizon models! I want to able to use the phone without annoying me! Such a shame for an amazing phone like this!!!
    Mine is g5 (not rooted) with samsung genuine wireless charge cover. I have had that issue for almost a year until recently. There are many suggestions but I've never considered it being a hardware issue. One suggested clearing 'cached data'. While it mitigated a bit but didn't solve the problem. Another suggested replacing micro SD, so I got Samsung SD card but it didn't solve the problem. I didn't want to go through the rooting for various reasons, mostly I didn't want to get into another problem.
    Lastly one suggested lifting the connector pin at the back of the phone, something that I dismissed all along. So I did lift those 6 pins in the back using small driver. That was over a month ago and ever since, I only got that cover message only when I replace the battery or restart.
    The cover error message started appearing about a year after I got my g5 with wireless charging cover, so in my case, the issue was hardware, simply the pins were not making good constant contact.

Trust me. I've also spent many hours trying to find the solution. It may be applicable to my phone but those who are reluctant to root their phone, it may worth a try. Good luck!
    AXEL314 likes this.
    02-17-2016 10:05 AM
    After suffering with this problem for months, I swapped out the S-view cover (came with the phone as a free "$30 value") with the original cover and...problem solved!

The message used to pop up dozens of times, each time I used the phone. T-Mobile customer support was useless and reset my phone three times with no luck. Now I wonder if I will have the problem with other covers/cases?
    03-25-2016 04:59 PM
    Ive had the phone for 2-3 years now and the message never stops - Tried to remove it with several guides but nothing seems to work. Worst phone ever made
    06-27-2016 02:07 PM
    Solved!!
    I used to get this message throughout the day. It got so bad that I couldn't use my phone. Just typing a text message, it would pop up maybe 10 times. I tried rebooting, factory reset, removing and replacing back cover and always it would come back. I almost threw my phone away because of it.
    Then I solved it and now I am free of this nightmare message. Ok it will still popup if I remove the cover, but not constantly throughout the day.
    What did I do? I removed the back cover and with a tiny penknife I prised up those 4 or 5 gold pins that connect to the back cover, very slightly and I scraped those pins clean with the knife. That simple.
    Now I am free to use my phone like a normal person. The only reason I am typing this is because I have seen the number of people frustrated by this problem ... by looking at the number of views on these forums ... so I hope I am finally able to give something back!!
    Good luck.
    09-09-2016 09:40 PM
    I'm sure your S5 is long gone, but two weeks ago I found and fixed the problem on my Galaxy 5 with the Samsung flip cover. It would pop up the check battery cover message all the time so it was nearly impossible to use, and the phone would often restart. This only applies to a phone with the OEM (optional) solid flip cover.

Inside the cover, on the cover, when you take the back off, there is a circuit with two gold terminals on it. It appears to be an ID device that tells the phone the OEM cover is installed. Put a tiny piece of transparent tape over the terminals, which have apparently become intermittent. Problem solved! Saved me $$hundreds to not have to buy a S7. You'll lose the automatic on/off feature when you open/shut the cover, but I bet you won't mind.
    11-13-2016 02:16 PM
    Solved!!
    I used to get this message throughout the day. It got so bad that I couldn't use my phone. Just typing a text message, it would pop up maybe 10 times. I tried rebooting, factory reset, removing and replacing back cover and always it would come back. I almost threw my phone away because of it.
    Then I solved it and now I am free of this nightmare message. Ok it will still popup if I remove the cover, but not constantly throughout the day.
    What did I do? I removed the back cover and with a tiny penknife I prised up those 4 or 5 gold pins that connect to the back cover, very slightly and I scraped those pins clean with the knife. That simple.
    Now I am free to use my phone like a normal person. The only reason I am typing this is because I have seen the number of people frustrated by this problem ... by looking at the number of views on these forums ... so I hope I am finally able to give something back!!
    Good luck.
    THIS WORKS.
    Worth trying. I had this problem withmy phone for over a year. The pop-up would annoy me about once a minute and now since I did the hardware fix, everything is going great. Warning pop-ups only happen when they're supposed to. It also made it so my s-view case was way more responsive.
    So pop it open, and CAREFULLY pull the gold contact points up.
    12-24-2016 07:22 AM
    Hi - I get a lot of support from forums so it's maybe about time I chipped in

I have two Galaxy S5s - brilliant phone due to the swappable battery - but I think that's the trouble here

If you press your finger 1cm to the left of the camera on the back cover the message will stop - it does so on mine

On the inside of the cover right about there is a peg that goes into a hole

My hunch is that's the cover sensor (optical? )

If you buy a new cover the peg may not be long enough

If your battery gets fat it may lift the cover

If you put a wireless charger layer in it may lift the cover

But - all in its an easy fix now as it's physical not OS update related so you don't need to root your phone

New cover and battery or just plug that hole so your droid can run bareback ..

All the best

ResGlo
    03-09-2017 08:02 AM
    Solved it like many others did. The flip cover has two contacts, which may be slightly shorter than the ones on the original cover. On the phones backside you will find the corresponding contacts located near the corner of the battery. With a paperclip or needle, I very carefully bent up these contacts. They now reach near the surface of the gray plastic that surrounds it. This solved the issue entirely.
    You should not factory reset your phone as that's not the issue here. Contacts are the weak point here.
    The reason I'm looking for other brands is because of the increasing prices of the Samsung phones. I believe I can get similar phones for less money and with less bloatware that can't be removed. Otherwise I'm a happy Samsung phone user for many years.
    09-20-2017 12:34 PM
64 123