S5 "check battery cover" message

nx5nx5

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Got my S5 last Friday. Even since, I CONSTANTLY get a pop-up message that says "check battery cover", as if it's not sealed. I have tried to re-seat it numerous times. It appears to be sealed, everything snapped shut.

Anyone else getting this?

Sliver22

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It will tell you every time you pull the charger off of your phone. If it is doing it at different times, sounds like you have an issue.

Posted via Android Central App

nx5nx5

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It will tell you every time you pull the charger off of your phone. If it is doing it at different times, sounds like you have an issue.

Posted via Android Central App

It DOES tell me to close the bottom door every time I take it off the charger, which is fine. What I'm talking about is a different message about the back cover.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It DOES tell me to close the bottom door every time I take it off the charger, which is fine. What I'm talking about is a different message about the back cover.

I get the back cover message after each reboot. I understand that that is permanent and will always be there to remind the bowtards to check their seal.

nx5nx5

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I get the back cover message after each reboot. I understand that that is permanent and will always be there to remind the bowtards to check their seal.

Yes, but I get the back cover message ALL DAY LONG, RANDOMLY, regardless of whether I've charged or rebooted, or not. For example, today I've rebooted twice, but I've gotten the stupid message about 20 times. Super annoying.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but I get the back cover message ALL DAY LONG, RANDOMLY, regardless of whether I've charged or rebooted, or not. For example, today I've rebooted twice, but I've gotten the stupid message about 20 times. Super annoying.

Ahh, okay. That certainly doesnt sound right. Have you factory reset? Might need to. I had some weird things occur with my S4 Active and a factory reset fixed that. Android can be...finicky sometimes.

nx5nx5

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Ahh, okay. That certainly doesnt sound right. Have you factory reset? Might need to. I had some weird things occur with my S4 Active and a factory reset fixed that. Android can be...finicky sometimes.

I'm not new to Android. I shouldn't have to factory reset after 3 days, with minimal apps installed, and running factory TouchWiz. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Not trying to sound know it all or snarky.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not new to Android. I shouldn't have to factory reset after 3 days, with minimal apps installed, and running factory TouchWiz. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Not trying to sound know it all or snarky.

And neither am I new to Android. However there are instances where it may be required. Initial install may have been corrupted, who knows. If you peruse around here you will come across others who had some random issue that went away after a factory reset. Either way, hope it resolves itself.

Zylograth

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Key word, "shouldn't" LOL

I only see the message after a reboot.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This may not be the case, but after I dropped mine, like 6 inches, onto my desk at work, I got the message. Everyting was fine, the back was on solid. Maybe yours is extra sensative to movement.
I didn't see that you said you tried this, but have you tried removing the back and then putting it back on?

Minpins13

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought the S5 Sat and through out the day and the next day i was receiving the same message, even when i was using the phone, i took the battery cover off and put it back on correctly at least 50 times. I took it back to the store the next day to have it looked at. The owner took the back off and put it back on several more times. He called Samsung to see what they said and the customer support person stated they have not received any calls about this before and did not know what to do, they said they would look in to it and call him back in 24 hours.
The store owner got another back cover from a new phone and told me if it continued to bring it back and he would swap it out with a different S5. And if Samsung had any help on this matter he would let me know. I had to return to the store the next day because I had the same results. He had not received a call back from Samsung yet but went ahead & pulled another S5 and gave me that one. With this new phone i do still get the message when i re-boot as is normal, but every time i wake the phone i get the message too, at least this one does not show the message when i am using it like the last one. I went to the store on Wed to let the owner know this for future reference and to see if he received a call back from Samsung, but as of yet he still has not received a call back from Samsung. He did tell me that his brother has the same phone and the message comes up when he turns the phone off and re-boots, and the only other time he gets the message is if he takes off the cover. He does not get the message when he wakes the phone like i do unless the cover is messed with, so it seems to be a problem or irritation on random phones, and it does appear to have a sensor for the cover because it knows the cover has been taken off on others phones because that is the only time they get this message.
I would love to know how to get this fixed or get the message disabled. I get this message now at least 15-20 times a day with out re-booting, just waking it up to use it and the message shows up.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
There should be a little box you click to check off than you don't want to see that message any more. Perhaps you have to scroll on it to see it or something....for some reason I didn't notice it or it didn't appear for the first few days I had the phone

mark5019

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought the S5 Sat and through out the day and the next day i was receiving the same message, even when i was using the phone, i took the battery cover off and put it back on correctly at least 50 times. I took it back to the store the next day to have it looked at. The owner took the back off and put it back on several more times. He called Samsung to see what they said and the customer support person stated they have not received any calls about this before and did not know what to do, they said they would look in to it and call him back in 24 hours.
The store owner got another back cover from a new phone and told me if it continued to bring it back and he would swap it out with a different S5. And if Samsung had any help on this matter he would let me know. I had to return to the store the next day because I had the same results. He had not received a call back from Samsung yet but went ahead & pulled another S5 and gave me that one. With this new phone i do still get the message when i re-boot as is normal, but every time i wake the phone i get the message too, at least this one does not show the message when i am using it like the last one. I went to the store on Wed to let the owner know this for future reference and to see if he received a call back from Samsung, but as of yet he still has not received a call back from Samsung. He did tell me that his brother has the same phone and the message comes up when he turns the phone off and re-boots, and the only other time he gets the message is if he takes off the cover. He does not get the message when he wakes the phone like i do unless the cover is messed with, so it seems to be a problem or irritation on random phones, and it does appear to have a sensor for the cover because it knows the cover has been taken off on others phones because that is the only time they get this message.
I would love to know how to get this fixed or get the message disabled. I get this message now at least 15-20 times a day with out re-booting, just waking it up to use it and the message shows up.

i get the message to close the charge cover but never back cover on a reboot

Honbo Zhou

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Got my S5 last Friday. Even since, I CONSTANTLY get a pop-up message that says "check battery cover", as if it's not sealed. I have tried to re-seat it numerous times. It appears to be sealed, everything snapped shut.

Anyone else getting this?

This is very annoying, I will never never buy
any galaxy for sure...

George Orlandson

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked a little pin in battery cover wich appears to make contact with some kind of sensor at back (close to pins for wireless charge)?

Enviado de meu SM-G900H usando Tapatalk

icouldntpossiblycomment

May 5, 2014
Visit site
That's really strange and sounds like some sort of bug. I understand your annoyance! I only get that message if I reboot my phone (rare) or if I actually take the back cover off (even more rare). I do get the message about the charger cover every time I open and close it. But never just randomly throughout the day (for either cover).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power