Which one if better all around and is it worth switching from S4 to S5
Forgive me if I posted in wrong place.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: GalaxyS5 vs GalaxyS4

Go to YouTube and search "Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Samsung Galaxy S4. There you will see a boat load of videos comparing the two of them. It all comes down to what YOU are looking for.

Which one if better all around and is it worth switching from S4 to S5
Forgive me if I posted in wrong place.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

S5 vs. S4:
S5 has better battery life, better display, its water proof, home button feels better, not as slippery, TW on 4.4.2 is better, camera is better. That being said, I owned a S4 and loved it. If I did not have an upgrade, I likely would have sold my S4 on Swappa and bought one outright. No reason to buy a year old phone today, unless money is a serious factor.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

The size if the S5 is almost a deal breaker for me. Its bigger in all dimensions for the sake of a bit of water resistance. Its not worth it.

Every time a OEM enlarges their phones I cringe a bit more and more. At some point its got to stop. I thought 5inches was the limit, but seeing as how Samsung went even bigger, who's to say when they'll stop. Maybe once its 5.3 like the original Note they'll stop.

Anyway, I personally prefer the S4 over this. If I still had mine I wouldn't upgrade this year.

bklynblaze

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Can't help you there. But I know one thing, coming from an iPhone 5 it was definitely worth it! :D

Still getting used to the little nuances of Android after being with the iPhone for so long but I am loving it. The only minor nitpick I have with the S5 is that the scrolling is not as buttery smooth as an iPhone. iPhone and iOS is superior in that regard. But other than that I am loving the screen and the openness of Android.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I also wish the S5 was 4.99" and the same size as the S4. If anything, I wish it was 4.99" with smaller bezels and overall smaller size. However, the increase in size isn't a deal breaker only because it's just a tiny bit wider. I can't believe it's almost the same size screen as the first gen Note. And I thought that was HUGE at the time.

That said, I'm moving up from the S4 due to the water resistance and the improved camera. If I can get any sort of good results from the fingerprint sensor, it will be icing on the cake. But I won't hold my breath.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm still debating on returning my s5 solely on the size. I'm a girl, I have small girl hands and the phone is kind of big for them. I can't comfortably run with it and I have a hard time using it with one hand. I came from an iPhone 5s, so maybe I just need to give it a few more days to get used to it. I didn't mind the iPhone at all, I just liked what the s5 had to offer. Especially the waterproof aspect of it.

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm still debating on returning my s5 solely on the size. I'm a girl, I have small girl hands and the phone is kind of big for them. I can't comfortably run with it and I have a hard time using it with one hand. I came from an iPhone 5s, so maybe I just need to give it a few more days to get used to it. I didn't mind the iPhone at all, I just liked what the s5 had to offer. Especially the waterproof aspect of it.

This is good to know, I'm considering going from the iPhone 5s to the GS5.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
If your buying on contract then the s5, but the unlocked s4 is at a pretty good price on amazon right now :) all depends on your situation.