Sprint "default" update wiped out my homescreens!

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
A quick google and I found someone posted about this on the sprint support forums (no solution to roll back though) Has this happened to anyone here? any way to undo and restore my homescreens without laboriously adding shortcuts/widgets one at a time again??

What happened was there was a notification for a sprint "Default" update. I had no idea what that was but assumed it benign and just system related. When it was finished it had completely redone all of my homescreens with all the crap I had previously deleted and even added new sprint crap. About 6 or 8 sprint apps were also installed (including that stupid Nascar app which they forced upon us with the original Galaxy S) at least every one of the bloatware apps could be easily uninstalled, but is there any quick way to restore the homescreens as I had set them up?

Last edited by a moderator:

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I had this too, BUT I was then able to uninstall it all and set it to the way I wanted it and am running great now.

Posted via Android Central App

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
good to know. How did you uninstall it. When you did were your previous homescreens restored or did you have to manually set it up again the way you wanted it. (isn't that what I asked in the OP?)

I know I can re set up everything manually but what I want to know is if there is a way to "roll back" to pre sprint update to save me the PITA trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge