Samsung finally has done something that only apple has done...

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Make a phone so good to the point everything works, no need for 3rd party apps...touch wiz is lag free I really feel know need for nova launcher, samsung keyboard emojis, swipe and predictable text is great know need for swiftkey, the camera has every feature no need for 3rd party...battery life is good know need for juice defender, browser is fast know need for dolphin, message app has it all know need for go smh or textra etc...my point is besides the music player to me nothing needs to be replaced same how apple has iPhone to the point everything just works...

Posted via Android Central App

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Now if I could just get the S5 to have even close to as good of reception as I got with my 5S. Now that would be awesome!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Now if I could just get the S5 to have even close to as good of reception as I got with my 5S. Now that would be awesome!
Never had a 5s but had a 5 for a few days and I can say the s5 is the only phone that I've owned that hasn't dropped to 3g occasionally in my house and that includes the newly released m8. I don't know about you but I give the s5 a high mark on reception.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I should have made myself clear, call reception is great! LTE SUCKS! I can't get LTE where my iPhone was not wonderful but pretty good.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Reception is great but my lte is not In places like how my s4 was but that might be a sprint issue

Yes I was just about to say because I'm on Verizon and I get lte everywhere my note 3 receives it. The fact that I get constant lte at my house is enough to excite me because my house seems like a deadzone for every carrier lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes I was just about to say because I'm on Verizon and I get lte everywhere my note 3 receives it. The fact that I get constant lte at my house is enough to excite me because my house seems like a deadzone for every carrier lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Same here. My Note3 and 5s gets LTE everywhere it's available thru the Verizon network.
Even though I prefer Nova Prime as my Launcher, I never had a problem with TouchWiz on my Note3.....Samsung got it right with the Note3 as well ...IMHO

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here. My Note3 and 5s gets LTE everywhere it's available thru the Verizon network.
Even though I prefer Nova Prime as my Launcher, I never had a problem with TouchWiz on my Note3.....Samsung got it right with the Note3 as well ...IMHO

There's no such thing as LTE, it's a marketing gimmick.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an Iphone, and I can't begin to tell you how many times she can get on the web, and I cant. Or she can make a call, and I can't.
She's like "Hows that fancy phone treating you?" It's friggin embarrassing, lol

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My wife has an Iphone, and I can't begin to tell you how many times she can get on the web, and I cant. Or she can make a call, and I can't.
She's like "Hows that fancy phone treating you?" It's friggin embarrassing, lol

Interesting.....I have both the iPhone 5s and Note3 and I get the same great service with both on Verizon network.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Somebody get the OP some ice for that burn! :D

- - - Updated - - -

TouchWiz lags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Horribly. Sense on the other hand is pretty great! I refuse to buy a Samsung phone until they get rid of Touchwiz or at least optimize it considerably.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not really.

So the animations, transitions, multi-tasking interface, and MyMagazine are all built to be this slow?

Swipe through the home screens and then go to the far left to my magazine. It's such a slow transition to that home screen. It's ridiculous.

On its own it's not terrible, but next to the M8 it's slow. It might look nicer (a lot nicer), but it doesn't feel faster than the Note 3 or S4.

It should also be noticeably faster than the Tab Pro 8.4 right? Faster SoC and a lower resolution display. Except it's not. At best it's the same.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
So the animations, transitions, multi-tasking interface, and MyMagazine are all built to be this slow?

Swipe through the home screens and then go to the far left to my magazine. It's such a slow transition to that home screen. It's ridiculous.

On its own it's not terrible, but next to the M8 it's slow. It might look nicer (a lot nicer), but it doesn't feel faster than the Note 3 or S4.

It should also be noticeably faster than the Tab Pro 8.4 right? Faster SoC and a lower resolution display. Except it's not. At best it's the same.

Outside of the My Magazine transition, how is anything else you mentioned "slow"? It doesn't stutter. The home screens have a card stack animation so it's not going to be as fast as something that doesn't. You can turn it off or switch it to the old Touchwiz animation.

It doesn't feel faster than the S4 or Note 3? Seriously? Kind of hard to even dignify that with a response. You're reaching there. Unsurprisingly, you brought the M8 into this. Sense is slightly faster than this version of Touchwiz, but the gap from last year has closed significantly.

As far as the animations go, they obviously feel it adds to the experience. I disagree, which is why I cut them in half. Takes less than a minute. Although if I didn't turn them off, this device still wouldn't be slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy