07-26-2016 09:22 AM
68 123
tools
    Yep, you're right. It worked fine on the S3.
    01-05-2015 07:26 AM
    Well please show us little people how to get this to work. We'd greatly appreciate it...screenshots, video or something
    01-05-2015 07:37 AM
    Not mine!
    01-05-2015 07:40 AM
    Well, I went to the Cricket store today to see if they could tell me why the "Hands Free" Wake Up Command wasn't working. The little girl didn't know so she called her Tech Support. The tech support couldn't figure it out either so they gave me the phone number to Samsung tech support. The first person I spoke with did everything "by the numbers" troubleshooting blah, blah, blah. Finally she had me to reset the S-voice application, clear the data and yada, yada, yada. Well, after all that she was still under the impression that I was talking about the double tap on the home button not the "hands free" wake up command...-the double tab to manually access S-Voice works fine!

She finally admitted that she didn't really know why it wasn't working. I asked her why was the feature on the S5 if it was not available for me to use because she started telling me that it was only on the Note and Tab. But I told her that I used it fine on my GS3 and she was stumped. She still maintained that the only way for me to use the wake up command was to double tap on the home button. She ended up transferring me a floor supervisor who told me that it "Should" work as I described. He did mention that because Cricket bought out AIO, there may be some issue there but that he would check on it for me.

I'm waiting on a phone call back. I'll update later.
    01-05-2015 07:30 PM
    under setting - acessibility - speed engine turn off that should do it i try it myself...
    03-14-2015 10:27 AM
    Before the update i could hit the button on my bluetooth and (my phone would have the screen off , i use the swipe to unlock) it would wake up and svoice would come on and ready to hear my command. now after the update i have to press the power button to wake it up, swipe the lock screen then svoice would start up. anyone else seeing this?
    04-15-2015 12:13 PM
    My s-voice doesn't work from a lock screen. But since the update using in hands free I get no audible "You Have a Message from " when a text comes in. I have to routinely say "Hi Galaxy previous messages" to find out if I have received any texts. I don't think I can install the earlier firmware since I took an OTA for lollipop..
    05-05-2015 02:01 PM
    It seems to work only if your phone is "on" and not in sleep mode. I was on live chat with Samsung and they said that neither Google Voice nor Samsung auto wakeup will work on the Galaxy s6.
    I took the phone to Verizon and they couldn't make it work, either.
    05-08-2015 03:20 PM
    I got it to kind of work. I have a galaxy s6 with Sprint.
    I set it up when I activated my phone and never worked. My phone finished its insane amount of updating. I reset and set up s voice again and seems to work. It will wake up my phone and go to my home screen with lock screen off or just swipe enabled, and seems to work exactly how I want it to, and how it was intended. If I have a lock it wont do much but it still txts and calls, wouldnt open any apps. I dont normally have a lock on my phone though.
    However, it does not work at all with my bluetooth, but I have a $30 base model plantronics m25. Only does media listening and calling. Maybe a better model would work. it probably needs to be able to access apps and have a little more functions. But that is pure speculation.
    I did change it to English(UK). It is quite entertaining to me . I did this before I reset svoice and got it working for me. But this may have had no overall effect on if it worked or not.
    Hopefully this helps.
    Cheers.
    08-02-2015 01:21 PM
    "OK Google" works on my Galaxy S5 with my screen off. S Voice only works if the app is opened and you say Hi Galaxy to turn the mic on. I am surprised at how well Google voice works. Update: From lock screen "OK Google" then saying Calculator" says in a small window "Received possible commands Calculator" but didn't unlock the screen which I have just set to swipe unlock. When I swipe and unlock sure enough there is the calculator.
    08-04-2015 12:02 AM
    No joy here either. It cant register my voice
    01-11-2016 08:48 AM
    "OK Google" works on my Galaxy S5 with my screen off. S Voice only works if the app is opened and you say Hi Galaxy to turn the mic on. I am surprised at how well Google voice works. Update: From lock screen "OK Google" then saying Calculator" says in a small window "Received possible commands Calculator" but didn't unlock the screen which I have just set to swipe unlock. When I swipe and unlock sure enough there is the calculator.
    I have the same problem with both (GNow & SVoice). None of them can wake up my phone.
    I own a GS5 SM-G900F. Ive tried it with any kind of screen locking (None, swipe, pattern, pin, fingerprint) without any results.
    When screen is on, even if locked, it works fine (both GN & SV) without touching the device.
    The problem apears only when i turn off my screen.
    No wake up with GN or SV.
    Can you please explain how you manage to make it work?
    TA
    01-12-2016 12:14 PM
    I assume you guys mean it's not working when you've double tapped the home button i.e. are in the S voice screen?
    Mine seems to be working, once I'm in S Voice, if I say "Hi Galaxy", the mic becomes active.
    Well, for me it's not working anywhere. Including when the s voice app is on the screen and the phone is awake. It's actually supposed to be able to activate from any screen if you check that setting. And it should wake the phone from sleep. Idk how well the last one works with lock screens. And the worst part is, all of this used to work just fine. Then all of a sudden not working at all. I've tried fiddling with the settings and nothing works.
    06-10-2016 01:28 PM
    The whole point is that it is a voice-activated feature. If I wanted to press the home button I wouldn't need a voice-activated feature. Also the point being that this used to work. It worked for several years that I've had this phone and now all of a sudden doesn't work. I don't know if I should blame the software update
    06-10-2016 01:33 PM
    I'm the same BRAND NEW F'IN PHONE TOO ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜  only got it yesterday ๐Ÿ˜”
    06-20-2016 02:25 AM
    If you put it in car mode you won't be able to go on the net. Car mode is for driving . To this day, I've only been able to use the wake up when I m already in the app. Maybe it was designed that way. I talked to my Samsung rep he was not aware of the feature....might as well be htc rep for all he knew...I would switch to google now if it worked in French for all the features

Posted via Android Central App
    06-24-2016 05:37 PM
    Y1991 your right,because when car mode is on it's that or nothing.You can't go back to home screen.At least on my Note 5.It sucks because I love using it. The thing is designed to wake up when you speak I cannot believe this is such a mess with this app. If any can help please post it,Thanks
    06-24-2016 05:47 PM
    Actually, it is not most of the users. I was not even able to run S Voice from within the app (no response even when I pressed the "Tap Mic" button) nor did I really care to use it. Then after a little research, I discovered that If you disable Blue Tooth, it works fine. This is a programming issue, not an end user issue, at least in my professional opinion.
    07-26-2016 09:22 AM
68 123