Voice Wake Up not working on S Voice

Leah Thompson1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesnt work either. ive been sent a new phone as samsung say they are not aware of the issue. just waiting for delivery of it now. have seen another thread online though saying the same thing. samsung say they need to receive reports of any issues then they can issue fixes.

judicious

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I assume you guys mean it's not working when you've double tapped the home button i.e. are in the S voice screen?
Mine seems to be working, once I'm in S Voice, if I say "Hi Galaxy", the mic becomes active.

MsKate

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I assume you guys mean it's not working when you've double tapped the home button i.e. are in the S voice screen?
Mine seems to be working, once I'm in S Voice, if I say "Hi Galaxy", the mic becomes active.
It should come on without having to hit the home button at all.

Hadas N

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I just spoke to a Samsung support rep, and he claims that the Wake Up feature doesn't work from the Home page in the Galaxy S5.
So I went and opened the official manual and checked it, and it seems that it doesn't say anywhere that it works that way, the only thing they say is that when you open the S Voice app and leave it open for a while it will go to Standby mode, then you can wake it up using the Wake Up command.

I also noticed that when switching to Drive Mode, it is possible to use the wake up command anytime.

Here's a link to the manual:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...5054/SM-G900F_UM_EU_Kitkat_Eng_D06_140312.pdf

Hope that helps.

Tiny400

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Does this have anything to do b with the security/lock screen setting?

Ive tried to get voice operation happening in car mode, but pin code lock screen defeats voice dialling!

Kinda a pain when you can't touch the phone legally while driving but need to make a call and its locked!

Posted via Android Central App

rmosier51

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
OK people I have only had my s5 for a few days and have figured out the solution to wake up s voice. On your home screen pull down the notification bar. Click the button in top right corner that looks like 4 squares. Click car mode to enable. Press home key and you are set. Feature works great

Ynnuendo1991

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
If you put it in car mode you won't be able to go on the net. Car mode is for driving . To this day, I've only been able to use the wake up when I m already in the app. Maybe it was designed that way. I talked to my Samsung rep he was not aware of the feature....might as well be htc rep for all he knew...I would switch to google now if it worked in French for all the features

Posted via Android Central App

Shawn Lucas

May 1, 2014
Visit site
OK people I have only had my s5 for a few days and have figured out the solution to wake up s voice. On your home screen pull down the notification bar. Click the button in top right corner that looks like 4 squares. Click car mode to enable. Press home key and you are set. Feature works great

I don't even have a "Car Mode" showing up on my panel. This is very aggravating, it seems like the S4 had more functionality than the S5 at this point. I can't get any of my voice functions to work.

LJ Washington

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
use two fingers to pull down the notification menu. You will find many many more choices. If you press the icon in the upper right that looks like a pencil they will allow you to modify the top ten notifications.

brazilian812

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I believe AT&T has the Car Mode disabled anyway so that's not a solution for us on AT&T.

The S5 has a dedicated listening chip in it, so maybe they will enable it through software at some point...

rmosier51

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have come to the conclusion that most complaints with the s5 is the operator not the phone. If u don't know how to work technology don't blame others.

kylek11

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Okay I think I found the answer. I have a note 3, but I hope that this solution will work across all Samsung phones.

1 - Go into S Voice and click settings

2 - (As others have suggested) - Scroll down to the 'wake up' category and make sure that the "Wake up Command" and "Voice Wake Up" options are selected

3 - Finally, click on the 'voice wake up' option. Not the slider bar...if you actually click on the 'voice wake up' text it will take you to another page with a check box (Wake up in secured lock). Check that box. Should work fine after that.

I don't know why Samsung designs the menu this way, it is kind of misleading. Hope this helps.

brazilian812

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
kylek11, thanks for those directions! Unfortunately, on my AT&T S5 I don't have the 'Wake up in secured lock' option on the 'Voice Wake Up' screen. Any other S5 owner have this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke