GMAIL woes

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
My gmail does not sync near as fast as my HTC one did. In fact, if I send a test email it will sometimes show up in the notifications within a few mins...sometimes takes longer. Any ideas? When I go to my google sync settings I have mail and google data checked. Yes I have autosync on and all that of course.

Thoughts?

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Does seem a bit slower than my GNEX was. Strange.

My gmail does not sync near as fast as my HTC one did. In fact, if I send a test email it will sometimes show up in the notifications within a few mins...sometimes takes longer. Any ideas? When I go to my google sync settings I have mail and google data checked. Yes I have autosync on and all that of course.

Thoughts?

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried clearing gmail data under apps, thought that might work. It seemed to for a few emails. However, I sent another test email, and it's been in my inbox for 12 minutes now when I look at it "unread" in my browser on my computer. Still no sign of it coming to my phone. Fail.

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Try the new "Mailbox" app from Dropbox.

I tried this K9 one. Seems to work nicely, but I want to put the mail icon in the tray at the bottom. Unfortunately the icon for that app is a freakin dog. Really?

Dropbox seems cool but it wants to me make a dropbox account. What is that? I just want to get my email in a timely manner, lol.

Androskeleton

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem too using the default Email app..until I drilled down deeper in the Sync settings under "Sync Schedule". Mine was set to Push, but in the Sync Schedule settings BY DEFAULT it was set to only check every 15 minutes during a pre-defined peak time (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm).

I turned that off and now it works flawlessly.

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem too using the default Email app..until I drilled down deeper in the Sync settings under "Sync Schedule". Mine was set to Push, but in the Sync Schedule settings BY DEFAULT it was set to only check every 15 minutes during a pre-defined peak time (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm).

I turned that off and now it works flawlessly.
Yeah, this is the Gmail app though, don't think you have that option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173