04-28-2014 11:40 AM
67 123
tools
    In order to operate the equipment, one must be more intelligent than the equipment.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-15-2014 10:08 PM
    Wow, tough group and a lot of interesting fixes. I have the same 32gb SanDisk SD card in my s5 that was in my s4 and s3 before that, I have never had read issues or had to reformat. It's filled with music and pics, and it doesn't take days for your phone to scan your SD card, that was funny. Op - factory reset is in order, you could have got a bad one. I have everything syncing, Google +, multiple emails, and have no drain. I do not back up pics to Google + though. I am also averaging 30 hours of usage all on LTE with over 3 hours of on screen time.

Posted via Android Central App on my S5
    04-15-2014 10:17 PM
    Fillyo,

It's pretty common knowledge that when you use an pre-used SD card on a new Android installation, the OS will index all files. That is done BEHIND THE SCENES and will take a while depending on how large the card is and how much data you have.

Ever look at your battery stats and see a rogue 'media server' running and taking a bit of battery? That's the OS indexing the files.
    04-16-2014 12:47 AM
    I just bought my Galaxy S 5. Awesome phone. Took it out of the box and connected it to the charging cable they provided. Came back 30 mins later and the screen was cracked. I didn't believe it at first and though it was a hair or something. Nope. It's cracked. I'm pissed! Why in the heck would this happen. The phone was fine and charging on a flat surface, it was never dropped or anything. I can't believe this BS. I tried contacting Samsung and they told me that since it was physical damage I would have to make a deposit of $70 for them to let me ship it in to get checked. I'm very upset. Has anyone else had this problem? It's obviously a manufacturing defect and I don't think I should have to pay anything. They should replace my phone or fix it for free because it's their fault for not designing it correctly. It's sad, I loved you Samsung, but you just slapped me in the face!!
    freddyttt likes this.
    04-16-2014 01:00 AM
    Glass just doesn't break on its own, lol. Your jealous iPhone owning sister must have stepped on it.

I just bought my Galaxy S 5. Awesome phone. Took it out of the box and connected it to the charging cable they provided. Came back 30 mins later and the screen was cracked. I didn't believe it at first and though it was a hair or something. Nope. It's cracked. I'm pissed! Why in the heck would this happen. The phone was fine and charging on a flat surface, it was never dropped or anything. I can't believe this BS. I tried contacting Samsung and they told me that since it was physical damage I would have to make a deposit of $70 for them to let me ship it in to get checked. I'm very upset. Has anyone else had this problem? It's obviously a manufacturing defect and I don't think I should have to pay anything. They should replace my phone or fix it for free because it's their fault for not designing it correctly. It's sad, I loved you Samsung, but you just slapped me in the face!!
    mrsmumbles and bassplayrguy like this.
    04-16-2014 02:40 AM
    Thank you to all of the helpful people.

I did a factory reset last night, and formatted my SD card again. I'm still getting the "check battery cover" message way too frequently, and the phone still keeps mounting/unmounting my SD card, so I'm going to return it today and try another. Also going to buy a new SD card.

Wish me luck! Thanks again!
    here4kids likes this.
    04-16-2014 09:57 AM
    Take it back to where you bought it and deal with them. Samsung won't simply take your word for it without being allowed to examine the phone. After all, as someone else said, glass doesn't just crack on its own. Some outside force cracked it, be it some bizarre charging defect or someone in your household knocking the phone off whatever surface it was on and putting it back without telling you about the damage.
    here4kids and mrsmumbles like this.
    04-16-2014 09:58 AM
    I hope this isn't like the Galaxy Note 3 thread where people are going to start acting like there's a defect with it, and a spam of 1 post users will comment about having the same experience except nobody posts pictures or proof.
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.
    04-16-2014 12:38 PM
    Dude, (edit by Moderator) Go to the carrier store and have them walk you through it. People have been nice(edit by Moderator)
    04-17-2014 02:41 AM
    Take it back to where you bought it and deal with them. Samsung won't simply take your word for it without being allowed to examine the phone. After all, as someone else said, glass doesn't just crack on its own. Some outside force cracked it, be it some bizarre charging defect or someone in your household knocking the phone off whatever surface it was on and putting it back without telling you about the damage.
    Pics or didnt happen. (edit by Moderator)
    04-17-2014 02:42 AM
    I agree he could have said that nicer. However, he is correct if the apps started downloading right away. You must have accidently left the box checked that restores the apps you used on a previous device to the new one. It's like one of 3 boxes that are automatically checked when doing the initial set up. It can be easily overlooked.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-17-2014 04:10 AM
    Please keep it civil ,remember the forum guidelines.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Aquila likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:04 AM
    About had it with the Galaxy S5 already-1.png

This battery rocks!
    04-17-2014 06:32 AM
    Happy to report that I swapped to a new S5, and also a new SD card. My problems appear to have gone away. Yay!

I've disabled a bunch of apps, but couldn't find anything called "Samsung Link" (can't find Samsung Push Services, either, although it shows up as "update" status in the Play store). Anyone know where to find these things? Or perhaps Samsung Link isn't installed yet, until I update S Voice?
    04-17-2014 10:33 AM
    Happy to report that I swapped to a new S5, and also a new SD card. My problems appear to have gone away. Yay!

I've disabled a bunch of apps, but couldn't find anything called "Samsung Link" (can't find Samsung Push Services, either, although it shows up as "update" status in the Play store). Anyone know where to find these things? Or perhaps Samsung Link isn't installed yet, until I update S Voice?
    Glad to hear you got your situation resolved!
    04-17-2014 12:02 PM
    Where do you check that box? I get the check case message on every power-up.

thanks

Marc
    04-28-2014 10:57 AM
    I was wanting to know as well. He also mentioned about he could not use the phone and browse the web at the same time?
    I think this must have been on Sprint network. Some areas on Sprint, you can't talk and surf due to their new spark network. Sounds great. :/ Sprint won't be happy until they bankrupt themselves.
    04-28-2014 11:40 AM
67 123