About had it with the Galaxy S5 already

Eric Ruiz1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: About had it with the S5 already

When you turn it on. Of if you take the battery cover off and all. It says check the battery cover and the charging port to make sure they are closed so it will be water tight.
Got mine at 10:00 April the 11th. The phone gets great reception. Got rid of a lot of the apps that wants you to pay for them.
Still trying to learn the phone. But I get Txt messages, Emails. Phone calls.
Don't rightly know where voice mail is yet oh unless I call myself.
Not fixing to take it back.

Download Google voice for your voice mails

Posted via Android Central App

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I would suggest, again, that you uncheck the box that says "restore apps"...Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.
And I never claimed to be an expert, but I had the same issue on my S3.
You're welcome

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

e3ase3y7.jpg

This is how you disable apps. The other way is to go into application manager > name of app> and next to the 'force close' button should be a disable/uninstall button.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ynnuendo1991

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

For the wake up button you can turn off s voice shortcut, as the phone is actually waiting for you to double press the button . If you turn off svoice shortcut, the button will respond immediately

anon(8760912)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Is there a list somewhere yet of bloat apps that are safe to turn off? Between AT&T and Samsung apps there is probably a good handful to nuke...

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

In order to operate the equipment, one must be more intelligent than the equipment.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow, tough group and a lot of interesting fixes. I have the same 32gb SanDisk SD card in my s5 that was in my s4 and s3 before that, I have never had read issues or had to reformat. It's filled with music and pics, and it doesn't take days for your phone to scan your SD card, that was funny. Op - factory reset is in order, you could have got a bad one. I have everything syncing, Google +, multiple emails, and have no drain. I do not back up pics to Google + though. I am also averaging 30 hours of usage all on LTE with over 3 hours of on screen time.

Posted via Android Central App on my S5

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Fillyo,

It's pretty common knowledge that when you use an pre-used SD card on a new Android installation, the OS will index all files. That is done BEHIND THE SCENES and will take a while depending on how large the card is and how much data you have.

Ever look at your battery stats and see a rogue 'media server' running and taking a bit of battery? That's the OS indexing the files.

Brandon915

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

I just bought my Galaxy S 5. Awesome phone. Took it out of the box and connected it to the charging cable they provided. Came back 30 mins later and the screen was cracked. I didn't believe it at first and though it was a hair or something. Nope. It's cracked. I'm pissed! Why in the heck would this happen. The phone was fine and charging on a flat surface, it was never dropped or anything. I can't believe this BS. I tried contacting Samsung and they told me that since it was physical damage I would have to make a deposit of $70 for them to let me ship it in to get checked. I'm very upset. Has anyone else had this problem? It's obviously a manufacturing defect and I don't think I should have to pay anything. They should replace my phone or fix it for free because it's their fault for not designing it correctly. It's sad, I loved you Samsung, but you just slapped me in the face!! :'(

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Glass just doesn't break on its own, lol. Your jealous iPhone owning sister must have stepped on it.

I just bought my Galaxy S 5. Awesome phone. Took it out of the box and connected it to the charging cable they provided. Came back 30 mins later and the screen was cracked. I didn't believe it at first and though it was a hair or something. Nope. It's cracked. I'm pissed! Why in the heck would this happen. The phone was fine and charging on a flat surface, it was never dropped or anything. I can't believe this BS. I tried contacting Samsung and they told me that since it was physical damage I would have to make a deposit of $70 for them to let me ship it in to get checked. I'm very upset. Has anyone else had this problem? It's obviously a manufacturing defect and I don't think I should have to pay anything. They should replace my phone or fix it for free because it's their fault for not designing it correctly. It's sad, I loved you Samsung, but you just slapped me in the face!! :'(

nx5nx5

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Thank you to all of the helpful people.

I did a factory reset last night, and formatted my SD card again. I'm still getting the "check battery cover" message way too frequently, and the phone still keeps mounting/unmounting my SD card, so I'm going to return it today and try another. Also going to buy a new SD card.

Wish me luck! Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Take it back to where you bought it and deal with them. Samsung won't simply take your word for it without being allowed to examine the phone. After all, as someone else said, glass doesn't just crack on its own. Some outside force cracked it, be it some bizarre charging defect or someone in your household knocking the phone off whatever surface it was on and putting it back without telling you about the damage.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

I hope this isn't like the Galaxy Note 3 thread where people are going to start acting like there's a defect with it, and a spam of 1 post users will comment about having the same experience except nobody posts pictures or proof. :-!

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

Dude, (edit by Moderator) Go to the carrier store and have them walk you through it. People have been nice(edit by Moderator)

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

Take it back to where you bought it and deal with them. Samsung won't simply take your word for it without being allowed to examine the phone. After all, as someone else said, glass doesn't just crack on its own. Some outside force cracked it, be it some bizarre charging defect or someone in your household knocking the phone off whatever surface it was on and putting it back without telling you about the damage.

Pics or didnt happen. (edit by Moderator)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech