Galaxy S5 SD card file moving issues

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am aware of all those issues with kitkat and third party apps and whatnot but recently I just tried to move my music from device to my SD card by simply moving the files over in my files to the Sd card. When i tried playing the music it couldnt play anything in my google music app. then i moved the music back to my storage on the phone and now it wont play either. What the hell is going on?

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had that issue. I just moved all of my music from internal to SD card using the stock file manager. So far the files have played fine with Poweramp after the move.

starsofthelid

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Semi-related: I'm trying to add music to my sd card, via wifi file transfer. I have no option of doing so (worked fine on my S3). What's going on here?

mujertins

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It's on the three dot menu or you have to long press the file. I moved my music to sd card and it still didn't play even after I moved out back from file transfer. Such bs they better choke choke out with an update I just bought a new sd card 64gb 70mbps per second a
And now it's basically useless

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

greddycivic7

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Yea no matter what I try, I cant move movie files from my phone to the SD card correctly. After I move the files over to the SD card, I get "sorry the video cant be played" error message. Super annoying, someone please help!

greddycivic7

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Use the "My Files" app in the applications folder.
Select device storage and move whatever files you want to "SD card" storage. Try MX player.

Ive done those exact steps many times and nothing seems to work. The files will transfer onto the SD card but when I go to play them I get a "sorry video cant be played" message. Every single time, used "My files" to move and have tried countless other movie players...

monicajae

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue coping music from my pc to sd card. the process shows a copy in progress, however, when i look at the directories on the sd card in the music folder, all of them are completely empty. However, immediately after copying the card will show contents , then i'll unplug my phone from the computer and the folders show empty again. this is after hours if not days of copying music. so my question is: "what gives?"

Galaxie_500

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
You probably have a hacked SD card. I had one once. Search online for fake or counterfeit SD or flash memory & test it. (Do not attempt to repair or use bad SD memory.) My 128GB card was actually 16GB & nothing written to it after 16GB was useable. Amazon refunded my money, because the seller could not be reached after the sale.