Need help changing my alternate pass code! but forgot original one!

dking9101

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the fingerprint scanner on the GS5 but sometimes I run into problems I tried to enter my alternate pass code (or at least what I thought it was) and it doesn't work, and in order for me to change it I need the original which I don't have. Is there any way to bypass this and create a new one?

Posted via Android Central App

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to the store and see if they can help! Of course they will verify if it's your phone or not first!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Stephen Clinton

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. Delete your scanned fingerprints, this also deletes your alternative password. Then just rescan your fingers and reset the password :)

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Google this address to replace a forgotten password: Android Device Manager. You must use your google password to access that site. Then you can lock your phone with a brand new phone password and use that one in the future.

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Settings
Quick settings
Finger scanner
Finger print manager
(in this step, you will need to verify by scanning your finger print)
Select menu (in the upper right hand corner where the 3 dots are)
Choose Deselect

nmres

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. Delete your scanned fingerprints, this also deletes your alternative password. Then just rescan your fingers and reset the password :)

Scanned fingerprints can't be deleted if the phone can't recognize your print...still needs the alternative password...

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Clear out all Credential Certificates.

Settings (search for 'cre') select Clear Credentials.

Passwords and Pincodes will be erased.

Not sure about the Fingerprints, but those should go also.

Debbie risley

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Go to:
Settings
Fingerprint Scanner
Fingerprint Manager
Swipe down your Index finger (dont forget that's the finger you used to set it up with) I kept using my thumb
swipe it straight down the middle
Press and Hold Fingerprint 1 and you should see the trashcan icon, once you delete it you will need to re configure your fingerprint, but it will walk you through it, and then pick your password, it has to be at least 4 characters and have a letter in it, not just numbers keep it in mind when you re do it so you don't have to go through this all over again!!!
This worked for me on my Galaxy S5 for Sprint phone. Good Luck!! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze