06-17-2016 09:28 PM
234 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Everyone needs to call Samsung and complain about it. They keep telling me no one else has had this problem. We shouldn't have to pay $70.00 to get it fix every time it cracks.
    A million people can call, yet they will still say it's an unknown issue

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Ramona P likes this.
    05-09-2014 07:40 PM
    So I dropped my 5 day old S5 and camera lens cracked anyone else have the same problem ?

Posted via Android Central App
    yes I had my S5 for 1 day and placed it on my desk, it has not been out of my hands, not dropped and in an official Samsung installed cover! I have just converted over from an iPhone and have HTC and nothing like this has ever happened so easy! I hope they have a flood of this issue so Samsung realize its not a user issue!
    05-10-2014 03:15 AM

-Sent from Tapatalk
    that is the exact answer I got from USA & Australian support - not happy as I look after my stuff and yes I had my S5 for 1 day and placed it on my desk, it has not been out of my hands, not dropped and in an official Samsung installed cover! I have just converted over from an iPhone and have HTC and nothing like this has ever happened so easy! I hope they have a flood of this issue so Samsung realize its not a user issue!
    05-10-2014 03:19 AM
    yes I had my S5 for 1 day and placed it on my desk, it has not been out of my hands, not dropped and in an official Samsung installed cover! I have just converted over from an iPhone and have had HTC and nothing like this has ever happened so easy! I hope they have a flood of this issue so Samsung realize its not a user issue! Tweeted USA support who said they had not heard of the issue, contacted Australian chat support who asked if someone else had used my phone!! then said they had not heard of the issue but to take the phone into a Samsung experience store...lets see what they have to say!
    05-10-2014 03:27 AM
    Has anyone had any results yet in getting the lens fixed? I am suffering from the same fate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-11-2014 01:44 AM
    I think I'm going to wait to see... what I can do to fix it.. I just want to spend to much money trying to fix it.
    05-11-2014 05:08 PM
    I don't think it will fit. I checked out my father's s4 to see if they are the same lens and they aren't. But I think in time the part for the S5 should come out. Just that right now the phone is still too new so we need to wait if that's what you/ I want to do that but I also saw the YouTube video and looked into it. Easy fix for a few $$.
    05-11-2014 05:14 PM
    Update - had to call my insurance and had it replaced with a brand new boxed S5 for 75 excess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-12-2014 12:25 PM
    I've had mine for a week (Black) and looks fine to me, I am using a Spigen Slim Armor Case. Just curious I noticed someone posted there were small dents in the silver ring around the lens. For everyone that has a broken broken lens are the small dents also there just seeing if there is something that would be in common with the broken lenses?
    05-12-2014 08:44 PM
    No.. no dents in my.
    05-13-2014 12:31 PM
    Same Mine Was mint went to clean it yesterday (48 hours old) Cracked straight across the lens
    05-13-2014 04:01 PM
    Are you guys using a case that doesn't allow camera to touch the table you lay it on
    05-15-2014 12:33 AM
    use flip cover always man don't be sad with that
    05-15-2014 12:53 PM
    Had my s5 a week then noticed the lens had cracked, asked in a Samsung shop how much and they say 160 not sure what to do.
    05-15-2014 03:25 PM
    There must be a pattern here.....some design flaw on some batch(s) or something. I'm rough with my phone, toss it on a table etc, let it fall...oops...no cracks...and yet people are saying theirs is cracked before they even had a chance to do something like drop it etc....weird.
    05-15-2014 03:53 PM
    70 is better than 200. But im hearing cased and not cased phones are having cracked camera lenses. :-/ frustrated...I still think its the fact they were having issues with camera fitting in the phone to begin with....then trying to reach a deadline and a rush to get this phone on the market..

Posted via Android Central App
    05-15-2014 03:54 PM
    Probably not that big of a deal. People come to forums to complain about things like this. Out of the what millions of s5 sold we have a a few hundred maybe a thousand that have a lens that broke? And just because they say they didn't drop it, bump it against anything doesn't mean it didn't happen. I know I broke my old note's screen because it was in my pocket when I was working on my car and I pressed up against the car. Didn't notice till probably an hour later when I pulled it out of my pocket. Stuff happens

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Jon Jackson, yyyy2999 and LelandC like this.
    05-15-2014 04:21 PM
    i use the flip cover so it's safe. I fell also several times my mobile phone but the flip cover saves me
    05-16-2014 05:14 AM
    ANother to add to the list here, always put a screen protector and phone in a case when i get them new. And also always usually bought Apple iphones, and never had a problem with broken screens or broken lenses. Yet this S5 within a month has a crack right through the middle of the lens..... the thing hasnt been out of my pocket, just like i kept the iphone 3,4,4s and 5 before it..

Guessing its going to be the auld slopy shoulders from Samsung for this issue then...

case - Spigen Slim armor
    screen protector- Zagg Extreme protection invisible shield
    05-16-2014 04:52 PM
    My friend have the same camera cracked but he instantly replaced by a new one.
    05-16-2014 09:49 PM
    Did not drop my phone. Otterbox case from day one. Found my camera lens cracked about a week later. Paid $175 deductible to insurance. Got a replacement. Called samsung after I read others having same problem. The tech said, this is the first time he heard of it. I'm going to email them later. My first phone was made in korea. My new phone is made in china. Don't know if this matters. I'll report back if this one cracks as well. I had an s3 for years. Had no problems with that one.
    Ramona P and mivettec like this.
    05-18-2014 03:31 AM
    Using case is not the solution, I am using case but yesterday night i got the same problem. Case is not a 100 percent protector.
    05-18-2014 03:39 AM
    And no one has the parts to fix it for about another month. I am not about to pay the insurance cost to get it fixed either.
    05-18-2014 07:13 AM

That is stock Script Reader verbiage, and it is on every carrier customer service. They all claim they never heard of that problem which is total BS.

My phone is in a Speck CandyShell Grip case and no camera issues.
    05-18-2014 08:03 AM
    Still worth buying even though this seems to be a real issue. Samsung refuses to fess up. I don't want to use insurance just because of there screw up.
    05-18-2014 02:06 PM
234 ... 34567 ...