galaxy s5 camera lens cracked

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
just got off the phone with Samsung. They are of no help either. You can send your phone in and have it fixed for about $75.00 but you would be out of a phone unless you went to Verizon or wherever you purchased your product for a loaner phone. The lady that I spoke with said it's now a product flaw however I have seen too much on this topic to not agree. Out of options for now....

I don't think the rep you talked to has the authority to make such a statement about it being a "product flaw". Unfortunately you and the other guy are the minority here. With the amount of users here, just about everyone else is doing just fine. Sucks nonetheless but 75 certainly is better than 600+.

brandi_gordon

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Took my phone out of the box and when I started taking photos with it I noticed they were foggy, turned the phone over and noticed the camera lens was spider webbed. Beyond mad. I took my phone back to bell and they were almost rude with me saying I caused it. I know for sure I didnt. They found a small dent like it had been dropped. I know forsure it was, it was out of the box and on my desk the entire time. Impossible for me to have done anything. We also have carpet in the office, but the phone wasnt dropped. It was a tiny hole right in the centre and webbed out. They are talking to Samsung but dont think there is anything they can do about it. Samsung Galaxy S5 not a good start. I was so excited for this phone.

- - - Updated - - -

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what has happened to me!!!!!! Im so frustrated.

Fortunately, my lens wasn't cracked, but I think the Samsung's QA department is on Crack. How could they let a phone with a dented or chipped bezel go through?

I know for a fact I didn't cause more. I was so careful with my phone

-Sent from Tapatalk

tommyond

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue, havent dropped my phone yet and when i was showing off my phone to someone notices the entire glass lens cover was shattered and the glass was missing. Always keep it in my pocket, maybe my keys hit it but should not have broken with that light of a tap. Im furious and on the phone with samsung now.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
What's funny is how some s5's have the lens screen protector on it and some don't. I went through 3 s5's before finding one with minimal issues, and the first 2 didn't even have a protector on the camera lens and the third one did

-Sent from Tapatalk

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
What lens protector? I don't put anything in my pockets with this phone. Do you guys recommend having camera or front face out of pants pockets?

What's funny is how some s5's have the lens screen protector on it and some don't. I went through 3 s5's before finding one with minimal issues, and the first 2 didn't even have a protector on the camera lens and the third one did

-Sent from Tapatalk

undergrad

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
My camera lens has not cracked, but I do have a small dent on the bezel of my phone and the home button is slightly crooked . Quality control is not Samsung's priority obviously

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My 2 cents:

- Things don't break on their own.

- I'm willing to believe Samsung could have used a lesser quality glass, thinking "who breaks their camera lens?".

- But things still don't break on their own.

Bonus: To the person that called Apple "Crapple", while going on about their broken Samsung- I bet you'd like that lens to be made of sapphire.

Posted via Android Central App

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
If you get a smartphone without a case, you better pay extra for the replacement plan.

A good, dual-layer case can be had for less than $20 on Amazon and other sites. Get one. it's worth every cent.

Slap a $1 screen protector on the front too to avoid scratches.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My 2 cents:

- Things don't break on their own.

- I'm willing to believe Samsung could have used a lesser quality glass, thinking "who breaks their camera lens?".

- But things still don't break on their own.

Bonus: To the person that called Apple "Crapple", while going on about their broken Samsung- I bet you'd like that lens to be made of sapphire.

Your 2 cents don't include lapses on quality assurance.

These flaps are breaking off for some due to defective glue

-Sent from Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Flaps? Aren't we discussing the camera lens?

Yes, but the flap issue is also another issue going on. Some phones just shouldn't have gotten through QA and they did...

So yes, I can believe people's lenses breaking with everyday use

-Sent from Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech