galaxy s5 camera lens cracked

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Why would Otterbox pay for it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Because not only are there reports that the otter box on the HTC m8 is putting pressure on the camera but same thing with the s5 and Otter box. Sounds like its the design of the case causing stress fractures

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
So I am curious, my brother and his girlfriend got an S5 each on the same day that my lens cover broke and theirs are just fine. My model is a black one and theirs are the white versions. So I guess what I am asking are if the lens is breaking on the white bodied ones as well or just the black models?

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So I am curious, my brother and his girlfriend got an S5 each on the same day that my lens cover broke and theirs are just fine. My model is a black one and theirs are the white versions. So I guess what I am asking are if the lens is breaking on the white bodied ones as well or just the black models?

Black here, perfectly fine.

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Nope, for a camera glass it is, which is (not nice word).

The part is all of maybe a dollar, if that.

I am reaching out to a few people now to get just the glass.

Its impossible to find, not even brightstar has them.

I thought if you broke the phone or lost it there wasn't a deductible?

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Those who has broken lens does any of you use a case that pushes lense in. My spigen tough armor indents the lense like half a cm. So it doesn't touch a table when I set it down

mivettec

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a white one and this happened to me yesterday, I called Samsung and they said no one else has had this problem, and i also have a case on it and never have drop it. they said $70 to fix it. So I dont now what i should do.

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I removed the camera lens from my midframe replacement and found it's not an easy task, but not point to remove but install. Not only need an original camera lens, if you want to keep it waterproof, also need some adhesive felt pad and sticker. I will show the pictures.
First, i removed the camera lens ring20140505_102847.jpg
Then found there are two kind of adhesive, outer one is transparent, the other inner one is black.20140505_110636.jpg
That's the adhesive felt pad with strong adhesive, but i had removed almost, you can imagine that that place full of black adhesive felt pad except the center.20140505_112747.jpg
And now can see the real face of the camera lens. You can see that the edges of black paint had been damaged by tweezers when pry the lens.20140508_123600.jpg
For now, the market doesn't have all the adhesive for replacing camera lens, so once you broken the camera lens, either send to Samsung or wait until you can find all the adhesive.

grich05

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. My Galaxy S5 was in my pocket and I pull it out to find the back camera lens cracked!? This is definitely a design flaw!

mivettec

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Everyone needs to call Samsung and complain about it. They keep telling me no one else has had this problem. We shouldn't have to pay $70.00 to get it fix every time it cracks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante