galaxy s5 camera lens cracked

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
do you notice any diff in camera quality without the glass part there? mine looks hazy but maybe bc i didnt pull all that broken pieces off yet?....kinda worried itll get damaged more while this piece sits in the mail...

mikeh32

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I can't take pictures. I believe the glass helps focus the lense. Right now i put tape over it to protect it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

mikeh32

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Btw, for those saying otterbox, no otterbox for me. I have a uag, which puts very little stress on the phone

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

aboulsaoudm

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
i just broke my glass too. only the outter one. im thinking of just waitin till a replacment comes out..... its that easy to break, i did drop the phone on concrete so thats my reasoning. also no case at that time

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
My S5 is less than a week old. Thank goodness the camera lens is still whole. I was one who also pulled off the little plastic protector when I got home, but after reading everyone's posts....I think I will buy a regular screen protector and cut it to size with the hole left open in the center for the lens. Maybe that will help prevent any damage??

Thoughts?

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had a similar issue. Picked up my phone about 3 days after I got it and noticed the camera lens was all cracked up. I have never dropped it and it's been in an Otterbox the whole time... was very disappointed. Luckily it isn't too terrible and doesn't effect my picture quality so it's not worth the insurance claim.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had a similar issue. Picked up my phone about 3 days after I got it and noticed the camera lens was all cracked up. I have never dropped it and it's been in an Otterbox the whole time... was very disappointed. Luckily it isn't too terrible and doesn't effect my picture quality so it's not worth the insurance claim.

Otterbox seems to be the common issue

-Sent from Tapatalk