Visual voicemail

fatfury

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Does the galaxy s5 have a build in visual voicemail like the iPhones do? I'm not familiar with android devices, let alone samsung so I have no idea how to help my wife set it up if it does have it. We are with AT&T and I see it has a messaging app which will allow for visual voicemail, but it's also built in with regular SMS text and requires the user to make THAT app the default texting app in order for visual voicemail to work. That's bunk.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I think you can use Google Voice for visual voicemail. (I'm using the Aio app for vv since I have Aio and it's free.)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Does the galaxy s5 have a build in visual voicemail like the iPhones do? I'm not familiar with android devices, let alone samsung so I have no idea how to help my wife set it up if it does have it. We are with AT&T and I see it has a messaging app which will allow for visual voicemail, but it's also built in with regular SMS text and requires the user to make THAT app the default texting app in order for visual voicemail to work. That's bunk.

Just turn off the AT&T apps that comes pre installed , just go to settings and Application Manager and look for all those apps and turn them off, then look for AT&T visual voice mail on the Play Store, it's pretty easy and straight forward.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
What are the att apps that are on preinstalled, so these apps are running at all times? Using memory and battery?

Follows my instructions above on how to get to the apps, and everything you see with the att name just decide if you will use it or not, most likely you won't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci