11-22-2017 04:23 PM
55 123
tools
    Up until the most recent update, there was an option to backup the messages to the internal memory of your phone. I don't see that option anymore. Was it removed or am I missing it?

I see that there is a restore option and it asks if you want to restore from SD card or Verizon. If there is a way to restore from SD card, there should be a way to backup to the SD card.

Anyone know where to find the backup option?

Thanks.
    08-11-2015 01:11 PM
    Will Samsung Messages work on Wifi? That's a biggie for me, I miss iMessage on iPhone because I didn't need cellular signal. Does the other person have to have Hangouts for it to work? Never tried that one. GO SMS pro is too expensive and riddled with ADs. Constantly turned my screen on. I don't thing it's ready for new S6 Edge plus.
    09-02-2015 11:13 PM
    Not suse about Samsung message but the vm+ works over wifi.
    09-03-2015 09:44 AM
    prefer messages. It's one of the few texting apps that allows you to disable screen notifications. That way when I get a text and the phone is in my pocket, I don't take the phone out to find the phone has been calling people and taking pictures of the inside of my pocket because the message turned my screen on.
    09-03-2015 02:28 PM
    Actually, you can customize Message+ even more so than the standard message app.
    The_Viking and monicakm like this.
    09-16-2015 06:04 PM
    did you solve this problem? if so how? i am new to samsung and having the same problems with my fiancee texting me from an iphone
    09-24-2015 09:01 PM
    Get her a Galaxy S5
    09-26-2015 04:44 AM
    I have the edge 6 plus and prefer it over messages but it keeps sending read receipts and can't figure out how to turn it off...any ideas how?
    09-30-2015 09:44 AM
    I have the edge 6 plus and prefer it over messages but it keeps sending read receipts and can't figure out how to turn it off...any ideas how?
    I know it's been over a month since you posted your question but did you figure it out? It's located under your advanced settings in the message+ app. There should be a checkbox that says "send read receipts" or similar.
    11-11-2015 01:53 PM
    Thanks, this comes the closest to answering my question.
    11-18-2015 07:57 AM
    I would love to still be able to use the Verizon message + even though I switched to T-Mobile. Damn it. It's still the best messaging app I've ever found. I actually was able to download it from the play store and it installed just fine. I was afraid that it would somehow do something terrible to my phone though so I didn't use it and uninstalled it. Any thoughts??

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2015 11:58 AM
    I just did the same thing and have the same question. Switched to T-mo this week.
    12-03-2015 02:42 PM
    Verizon Messages is awesome. It works on phone, tablet, web...... send and receive SMS/MMS regardless of the phone's OS.
    for me, especially lately, Verizon Messages [Message+] lags on open showing only black in the message area for as much as 15 seconds. I've been using Mighty Text and I can do all the things you said, but can use either Messages or Message+ on my phone. Messages is so much faster it's amazing. Another problem when using VM on my PC, it wont show my contact names, which I'm told is because I sync my contacts to Gmail instead of Backup assistant. But I'm not will to change that just yet and MT shows all my contact names on my PC or Tablet.
    01-14-2016 03:16 PM
    That really depends on your interest whether which of those you are comfortable with.
    01-14-2016 09:51 PM
    I hadn't seen a reason to switch from Message+ until I got a picture. I tried saving it to my gallery but it kept saying SD card unavailable. So i searched through settings in Message+ and Gallery to no avail. I opened it with Messages and had no problem saving it!

I do like the look of Message+, mostly the icons left of the names.. but it seems like Messages has more options and works with saving pictures so.... I think I might switch over.

P.S. Does anyone know a way to get Messages to get icons more similar to Message+? (I haven't fully explored Messages settings, but I didn't see anything like that. Perhaps I have to set icons in my Contacts?)

Edit: Didn't mean to necro an old thread, I had just searched for Message+ and SD card.
    03-16-2016 09:43 PM
    I just got the note 5 and started texting using messages + but every time I get a reply from anyone the response is always accompanied with a duplicate message. Its aggravating as hell- Has anyone experienced this and found a workaround?
    04-01-2016 12:54 AM
    perhaps you could tell me how to delete old message+ messages? unable to find out how to do this. thank you for your time.
    04-14-2016 08:53 PM
    perhaps you could tell me how to delete old message+ messages? unable to find out how to do this. thank you for your time.
    Settings>Advanced Settings>Delete old messages...or you could long press on message and delete...
    04-15-2016 01:07 AM
    Does anybody has issues with mms I can't send but I receive them I'm using a note 3 verizon phone but on family Mobile (t-mobile) if I use the native messaging app or hangouts they go out just fine any thoughts thanks
    05-10-2016 04:06 AM
    I just got the SG5 and I'd prefer the original messaging over the message+ BUT no matter what I do, I can't get the regular messaging to notify me of an incoming message.

I get the sound notification on message+ without a problem, but nothing will work on the regular (original) messaging.
    Any ideas please since I'm all out of them ?
    Thanks.
    05-21-2016 12:20 PM
    Question as well. I put the Verizon messages app on my tablet, but don't need it on my phone because I use chomp sms, Adm I able to get what I text from my tablet to show up on my phone? Even with the app installed on my phone, the stock messaging, nor chomps sms show the texts that I type from my tablet. Any suggestions?
    07-07-2016 02:51 PM
    Question as well. I put the Verizon messages app on my tablet, but don't need it on my phone because I use chomp sms, Adm I able to get what I text from my tablet to show up on my phone? Even with the app installed on my phone, the stock messaging, nor chomps sms show the texts that I type from my tablet. Any suggestions?
    As someone stated before, the Verizon Messaging app syncs to a Verizon server that holds all of the texts sent to the phone number you register (apparently whether it's a Verizon phone number or not) and also texts sent from the Verizon Messaging app.

Either the server has a list of registered devices (which are added when you sign into the Verizon Messaging app for the first time on a new device) that it broadcasts updates to whenever a new text is sent or received, or the devices with the Verizon Messaging app query the server for updates at regular intervals.

If you're really determined to sync across all your devices while using something other than Verizon Messaging on one or more of your devices, install Verizon Messaging on them all, sign into it on all devices and then just use the other apps to actually send texts with.

If that doesn't work "as is" then try making Verizon Messaging the default messaging app, but continue to use the other messaging app manually.
    yarnsrj likes this.
    08-10-2016 03:35 PM
    As someone stated before, the Verizon Messaging app syncs to a Verizon server that holds all of the texts sent to the phone number you register (apparently whether it's a Verizon phone number or not) and also texts sent from the Verizon Messaging app.

Either the server has a list of registered devices (which are added when you sign into the Verizon Messaging app for the first time on a new device) that it broadcasts updates to whenever a new text is sent or received, or the devices with the Verizon Messaging app query the server for updates at regular intervals.

If you're really determined to sync across all your devices while using something other than Verizon Messaging on one or more of your devices, install Verizon Messaging on them all, sign into it on all devices and then just use the other apps to actually send texts with.

If that doesn't work "as is" then try making Verizon Messaging the default messaging app, but continue to use the other messaging app manually.
    LOL kevnuke, actually that's what I'm doing. A bit tedious but until my favorite 3rd party messaging app has tablet support, this is the work around.
    08-10-2016 03:48 PM
    LOL kevnuke, actually that's what I'm doing. A bit tedious but until my favorite 3rd party messaging app has tablet support, this is the work around.
    Actually if Chomp adds Verizon Messaging support it would be available on all devices Chomp can be installed on. I'd email the developer of Chomp.
    08-10-2016 03:59 PM
    I emailed Chomp Sms several weeks ago! They said thanks for the suggestion and they would pass it on to their devs.
    08-10-2016 10:23 PM
55 123