11-22-2017 04:23 PM
55 123
    I got a Verizon GS5 at the end of September. I started with Message+, and I loved the ability to text from other devices like my laptop, Nexus 7, and now-wi-fi-only iPhone, and how it keeps things synced. The messages are stored and synced via Verizon servers for something like 30 days or maybe some number of messages (some thousands?).

But I've since switched to more stock Android (or is it Samsung?) Messages, because of some customization available there that was not available in Message+. Verizon servers and the Message+ clients on my other devices still sync and receive my incoming text messages, and I can still text from them. But my outgoing messages from those other clients do not show up in my Messages app, where they would in my Message+ app.

It's not perfect, but it's a compromise that I'm okay with for now. I don't even quite remember what customization I could do in Messages that swayed me to it, so I'll likely revisit that decision at some point and look at the Message+ app again. (OH! One contributing factor to my switch was that Message+ kept crashing, especially after one of the updates...maybe both 4.4.3 and 4.4.4.)
    How we're you able to switch to messages from message+ I'm having difficulty doing so. Thanks!
    08-25-2016 10:34 PM
    To switch back to stock messaging on your device, just open up the stock messaging app, click on a contact, or click on the compose icon and you will be given the option to make messages your default app. All set from there.
    08-26-2016 01:51 AM
    My reason for using Messages instead of Message+ is that Messages has a widget so I can have one homescreen devoted to showing messages.
    10-13-2016 02:38 PM
    I like that I can sync messages, but how do I sync the contacts? I only get the numbers from the web not the contact name attached.
    11-12-2016 08:57 AM
    So I just got the Note8, defected from Apple. Deactivated my imessage....So when I try to send a group text to my family (all use apple), I can send and they get it- but I don't get their reply.
    I can text and receive if I text them individually though.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

PS - I'm using messages+, not sure if I should use that or one of the other texting apps on here
    11-22-2017 04:23 PM
55 123