are we supposed to take that plastic film off the back camera?

Chris Abbott

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes you are. Yes it does. You will notice it takes slightly longer to capture the photo, as well as an image that is not quite as clear.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
if it's situated in EXACTLY the right spot with no shifting, it probably won't affect the camera. but it's a freaking piece of plastic. it's not meant to stay on the phone.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Only difference between the s4 and s5 is that on the S4 the actual camera sensor is left uncovered while with the s5 it covers the entire glass

-Sent from Tapatalk

SloProjeklt

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Will the lens scratch if leave the phone naked without a case? Im worried that after setting it down on surfaces after two years, the lense will get scratched and affect picture quality.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Will the lens scratch if leave the phone naked without a case? Im worried that after setting it down on surfaces after two years, the lense will get scratched and affect picture quality.

That is definitely an issue. That's why i look for a case that is thicker so it extends beyond the camera lens like the S-View flip cover

-Sent from Tapatalk

novice97

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Is the plastic film obvious on the back camera? I can't seem to see it even under a magnefying glass? Does it cover the whole camera?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine didn't cover the entire camera glass. Had a hole in it. I could barely see it and didn't think it was on there. Took some photos and they turned out great. I finally could see it yesterday and took it off. It's just like any other plastic on new phones, nothing special or to protect anything. Well it might protect the glass, but I see no reason to have it on.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine didn't cover the entire camera glass. Had a hole in it. I could barely see it and didn't think it was on there. Took some photos and they turned out great. I finally could see it yesterday and took it off. It's just like any other plastic on new phones, nothing special or to protect anything. Well it might protect the glass, but I see no reason to have it on.

Mine has no hole. Weird.

Is this a carrier thing? My Sprint S5 has no sticker on the camera lens.
I have sprint too. I think it's on there, but perfectly to the edge of the camera glass so it's not noticeable. Perhaps, it's not even on there now that I think about it

-Sent from Tapatalk

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm maybe the store rep took it off? I know when I got my GS3 I felt the sadness of watching the sales person tear off all the protective plastic as they activated the phone. It didn't bother me that the plastic came off, I just wanted to do it like its Christmas morning. Oh well no big deal.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
It's there to help protect the camera lens in shipment - even if there is a hole in the middle (some not), take it off for best camera function and clarity - why would you leave it on?, unless you never ever use the camera!

Just keep the lens clean and don't slide your phone camera lens on a hard surface! - heck if you have to, use one of my kickstands to keep your lens from scratching on the surface if you like to run naked or use some type of case on your phone to help lift the lens from hitting the surafce when you lay your phone on it's back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith