My S5 wont connect to any of my Bluetooth devices!

jobi1965

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks! I don't have an S5 but I was looking for answers re: pairing my S4 with my platronics. It always worked then suddenly I lost the connection and couldn't get it back. Saw the 'holding down the on/off button' on the headset which didn't work.BUT I held down the 'answer call' button and 'voila'! It works! Thanks guys xxxxxxx :)

LDenis

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Smt you need to buy special bt adapter for better sync between devices and it's possibli that samsung can use bt only for sync with some devices not with all.

217venus15

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to connect my s5 to a Sony sound bar, it uses an app to connect BT. My phone will not connect but my husbands note 3 works just fine. I'm not getting the same prompt to connect as he does, any suggestions?

believetosea

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar issue and just resolved the issue. I went to the Bluetooth setting and unpaired what had already been "paired" and just paired/synced everything over again. Like starting everything over.

Gatsbygirl67

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Just tried your Updated info and IT WORKED!!

I had tried all of the other suggestions, and am so glad you posted this info.

THANK YOU, thank you! I will be sharing with the rest of my family who are experiencing the same problems!

Your update of force stopping the apps was the only thing that worked for me! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

LavanaWED

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Okay...I have figured out why the S5 is not connecting as easily as my Iphone was. After you got to settings and you turn bluetooth on and then check the square box to make your phone discoverable before you hit scan make sure that the object that you are pairing with is in the pairing mode or else it will not pair with that device. I just did my car, my portable Bose speaker my plantronics headset...etc...etc.. all is working perfect!

Hope this helps everyone!

OH MY GOSH!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Your advice is the only thing that worked for me! I have searched high and low for months! I had to research how to put my Platnronics BT in pairing mode but it worked perfectly!!

Vyne Nitsuga

May 13, 2015
Visit site
OMG thank you thank you thank youuuuuu why so simple... hahahaha... I've tried to reset my phone... but, the solution so damn easy... THANKS for anyone who help this problem...!!

Bluemoon623

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Hope this helps. Couldn't connect my bluetooth earbuds to my S5 until I held the on button down on the earbuds until it said "pairing" and then it showed up on the phone and paired with it.

riteshgupta111

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot Curtis Reddehase. You are a life savior. I thought my device had some issue with Bluetooth and so i was about to take it to service center. But your post made my day and thus saving my time going to service center and waiting there till i get it back. Thanks a lot......

Susie01

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Me: mine was connecting perfectly to WiFi and Bluetooth and suddenly stopped now I can't get it to connect to anything & I've tried all of these suggestions in this Thread

UPDATE: I just tried force stopping ALL Bluetooth apps and clearing all their caches then tried to pair like they we brand new devices and connection made and working! YAY!

So how do I force stop Bluetooth and clear caches?

juanitowpg

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. I've got a LG4 that wasn't pairing with my blue piston BT speakers for the first phone. What finally worked was that I had to hit the "search" icon on the bottom right of the Bluetooth screen on the LG4. It didn't automatically start looking for devices like my iphone had done. Also, not sure if this was related but when the speaker wasn't connecting, there was a cable connected to the speaker (the same one that connects to the USB on the computer for charging) when I unplugged that, It seemed to pair. It's worth a try anyway...

Alicia Whitaker

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I found the answer!!!

Hold the bluetooth button down on your Bose speaker while you are searching for it.

It is not good enough just to hit the button and connect if it does not see it.

Something about holding the button down while searching allows the phone to see it.

I am finally back in music!

I hope this helps!

THANK YOU!!!@ So simple...I've been trying forever!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888