My S5 wont connect to any of my Bluetooth devices!

Jaime Salas

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Has anyone else have the problem when trying to sync a Bluetooth device to the phone that is doesn't find the device? I have tried syncing my phone to my car, and they don't see each other, I tried syncing my S5 phone with my JayBird wireless headset and still they don't pair.

Whats going on? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Jaime

Andrew Brown jr

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
All I want is my music to come through my Creative Labs 350 BT headphones when my SG5 says it's paired w/them. All I also want is for my music to play through my Insignia speakers when I plug them into my SG5 audio jack. I promise to meticulously execute your learned instructions...somebody...ANYBODY!!!?.. uhh, thank you.

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
me too!! and once I get them paired, I still have to manually sync the phone to my car EVERY time I get in it. So very frustrating. With my Note 3 it was automatic

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have an issue with my car.

It was flawless with my S3 but with my S5, it's awful. I can pair them, sync them etc but I can never seem to get a call to connect.

I have tried everything to get it work and it just won't.

A quick Google search has shown that it seems a common problem so I'm hoping they'll fix it with an update.

Posted via Android Central App

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an issue with my car.

It was flawless with my S3 but with my S5, it's awful. I can pair them, sync them etc but I can never seem to get a call to connect.

I have tried everything to get it work and it just won't.

A quick Google search has shown that it seems a common problem so I'm hoping they'll fix it with an update.

Posted via Android Central App

Never had a problem with my S5 and Audi or to my Sony laptop

if it paired it should show up in your BT settings

Joseph Smith14

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Okay...I have figured out why the S5 is not connecting as easily as my Iphone was. After you got to settings and you turn bluetooth on and then check the square box to make your phone discoverable before you hit scan make sure that the object that you are pairing with is in the pairing mode or else it will not pair with that device. I just did my car, my portable Bose speaker my plantronics headset...etc...etc.. all is working perfect!

Hope this helps everyone!

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't connect my S5 to my Kenwood car stereo. It's an older unit, but I had no problem with my iPhone 5 or HTC One M7.

Sent from my GS5

Alberto Carvalho

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. My S5 connects to my car stereo but it won't connect to portable speakers or headsets. It just doesn't find them! It found my ipad, so it is not a problem with the BT itself! Can't find an answer to that! Anyone?

Kate Just Kate

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi Joseph, is it playing ok with your Bose speakers? I have no problem pairing up... but then it loses the connection after a minute or two. Sometimes it finds it straight away - so it just gives you half a second pause as it plays - sometimes it doesn't. It's a bit like listening to vinyls not high-tech digital music :( Would you know what is the problem?

PirateTrucker

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Has anyone else have the problem when trying to sync a Bluetooth device to the phone that is doesn't find the device? I have tried syncing my phone to my car, and they don't see each other, I tried syncing my S5 phone with my JayBird wireless headset and still they don't pair.

Whats going on? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Jaime

Me: mine was connecting perfectly to WiFi and Bluetooth and suddenly stopped now I can't get it to connect to anything & I've tried all of these suggestions in this Thread

UPDATE: I just tried force stopping ALL Bluetooth apps and clearing all their caches then tried to pair like they we brand new devices and connection made and working! YAY!

Last edited:

Curtis Reddehase

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I found the answer!!!

Hold the bluetooth button down on your Bose speaker while you are searching for it.

It is not good enough just to hit the button and connect if it does not see it.

Something about holding the button down while searching allows the phone to see it.

I am finally back in music!

I hope this helps!