My S5 wont connect to any of my Bluetooth devices!

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I found the answer!!!

Hold the bluetooth button down on your Bose speaker while you are searching for it.

It is not good enough just to hit the button and connect if it does not see it.

Something about holding the button down while searching allows the phone to see it.

I am finally back in music!

I hope this helps!

Holding the button down put the speaker into pairing mode . It's a critical step that 's in the instruction booklet that comes with bluetooth devices .

Instructions we don't need know stinking instructions . :p LOL . Glad you figured it out .

Craig Hume

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Got myself the S5 yesterday and been struggling to get it to connect with my car radio. I tried everything here and it would not find the device.
Went in and shortened the name of the phone by removing the (S5 Galaxy) from behind my name and suddenly it works. Perhaps there is a issue with the amount of characters being used in the "cellphone" name. It might sound strange, but worked for me.

Abe18

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I just got my s5 and tried everything but it don't find my car Bluetooth (ford glaxay 57)

It found my other phone but not my car Bluetooth

Can anyone please help me? I'm a lot on the road and need my phone connected to my car!

Craig Hume

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got my s5 and tried everything but it don't find my car Bluetooth (ford glaxay 57)

It found my other phone but not my car Bluetooth

Can anyone please help me? I'm a lot on the road and need my phone connected to my car!

Have you tried shortening the "name" of your phone. Solved it for me

Abe18

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Tried this morning again and working perfect. No idea why I couldn't connect it yesterday but happy it's working fine now

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Curtis - that was it! Holding down the Bose speaker's button worked! I never had to do that before to pair it with other devices, so I hadn't thought of it before reading your post. Thanks!!

Ken B Stevenson

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Okay...I have figured out why the S5 is not connecting as easily as my Iphone was. After you got to settings and you turn bluetooth on and then check the square box to make your phone discoverable before you hit scan make sure that the object that you are pairing with is in the pairing mode or else it will not pair with that device. I just did my car, my portable Bose speaker my plantronics headset...etc...etc.. all is working perfect!

Hope this helps everyone!

Definitely helped me. The salesman paired my previous device when I bought the car so I didn't have to know that - until now. LOL Thanks much. :)

cabsav42

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Curtis. Worked for me! I've just bought a Bluetooth wireless headset from Red dot and couldn't pair it. Once the headset was turned on just holding down the on/ off button until the blue light stopped flashing enabled my S5 to find it and pair up. Why can't this be a basic instruction?

Pam Perry

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have just bought the S5 and I am happy to say that I have paired with bluetooth my IMAC and including my car. Don't know what else to say really and all was easy to do.

sammyp228

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I searched a long time to find this method except I have a cheapo (but decent) JABRA bluetooth headset. It has a single button and yes you must hold down the button while beginning to scan. The S5 found my device. Thank you so much!

MarquessaLTaylor

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
OMG!!!!! This is sooooo AWESOME!!!! I have bought MANY Bluetooth earpieces thinking they didn't work, and I have been trying since I got my Galaxy s5 in May to pair ANY device to it & I read your reply & it worked and paired all 3 of the ear pieces!!!! Thank you soooo much!!!! :D :) :-*

Angie Baker-Miller

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
but once you got them synced, did it work the next time you tried to use it, like the next day? my s5 shows that it is paired with my car and even shows it being connected, but there is no sound coming out of the speakers.

hvymtlmom

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I found the answer!!!

Hold the bluetooth button down on your Bose speaker while you are searching for it.

It is not good enough just to hit the button and connect if it does not see it.

Something about holding the button down while searching allows the phone to see it.

I am finally back in music!

I hope this helps!

After months of searching online to no avail, you have given me the answer! Thanks SO MUCH, my Bose speaker is now usable once again :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol