04-24-2018 08:17 PM
199 1234 ...
tools
    A friend came to me with a S5 and box, that he bought for his fourteen year old daughther over the weekend. The fingerprint scanner doesnt accept finger print and she couldnt remember if she set the alternative number. I also learned that she didnt setup a gmail account either. What do you suggest I try before I send them with phone to the service provider?
    05-15-2014 03:26 AM
    Easy had that happen to me... Just go online to android device manager log in with your google log in wait till it locates your phone u then click to lock your device it asks you for a new password. It over rides whatever password or lock feature u have on it. Then you get phone type the new password and boom problem solved
    I didn't know about this. I turned on the GPS in my phone and it found it instantly. I typically have the GPS off though.
    DawgPoundx19 likes this.
    05-15-2014 06:10 AM
    On your Samsung S5 go to:
    Settings - fingerprint manager - you'll see your 3 registered fingerprints. Touch the first one. In the top right corner touch the 3 dots. Tell it to "Deregister" the first one will be deleted. Do the same for the other two. When the last is "deregistered" it will say that your lock screen has been returned to "Swipe" mode.
    05-15-2014 05:21 PM
    i think reset is the only option try it please
    05-18-2014 05:20 AM
    How do you delete registered finger prints?
    05-18-2014 07:11 AM
    yes friend problem is solved...
    05-20-2014 03:26 PM
    Hi, When I go into fingerprint manager it gives me the option of swiping my finger print again or putting the alternative password (of which there isn't one - I've tried my Google password and it doesn't work) - I can't see the 3 fingerprints I have saved in order to be able to delete them?
    If I swipe my fingerprint it takes the screen back to the main screen.
    I need to work out how to change that alternative password.
    Thanks
    05-21-2014 08:39 PM
    This page is very helpful, easy to understand...I used it. Once you delete your registered fingerprints your lock screen will reset automatically to swipe. How do I Use the Fingerprint Scanner to Manage Passwords and Unlock my Samsung Galaxy S 5? : US Cellular | Samsung
    06-03-2014 09:03 AM
    Hi, When I go into fingerprint manager it gives me the option of swiping my finger print again or putting the alternative password (of which there isn't one - I've tried my Google password and it doesn't work) - I can't see the 3 fingerprints I have saved in order to be able to delete them?
    If I swipe my fingerprint it takes the screen back to the main screen.
    I need to work out how to change that alternative password.
    Thanks
    Lazmeister, I had the same problem and realized if you swipe to hard it takes you to the home screen..gently swipe your finger across the middle of the home screen button to avoid this. This page should help you better... How do I Use the Fingerprint Scanner to Manage Passwords and Unlock my Samsung Galaxy S 5? : US Cellular | Samsung
    06-03-2014 09:07 AM
    how to get my password
    06-07-2014 11:07 AM
    Easy had that happen to me... Just go online to android device manager log in with your google log in wait till it locates your phone u then click to lock your device it asks you for a new password. It over rides whatever password or lock feature u have on it. Then you get phone type the new password and boom problem solved

Worked great! Thanks man!
    Mst99 likes this.
    06-11-2014 09:23 AM
    Lazmeister, I had the same problem and realized if you swipe to hard it takes you to the home screen..gently swipe your finger across the middle of the home screen button to avoid this. This page should help you better... How do I Use the Fingerprint Scanner to Manage Passwords and Unlock my Samsung Galaxy S� 5? : US Cellular | Samsung
    I am still having same problem. It does not recognize my finger print. I get a "No Match" message. So i know i am swiping it correct. And the alternate password that i thought i had does not work. So i cannot get into the screen to delete the finger print. The alternate password is not the Samsung password, it is not the google password.
    Fortunately i use pattern to unlock my phone. So i can use the phone. I just wanted to delete the non-working fingerprint..
    06-12-2014 12:03 PM
    Thanks!!!!!!
    06-15-2014 01:51 PM
    Forgot my screen pass code
    06-16-2014 03:28 PM
    It worked like a charm and Iearned how to locate my phone. Thanks!
    06-22-2014 12:47 AM
    My mobile is working but cannot unlock it with my usual password.
    06-24-2014 05:13 AM
    My mobile is working but cannot unlock it with my usual password.
    Hopefully you have registered it with either Google+ or with Samsung's website and can unlock it there.

If you are able to get into the phone and use it, erase all of the Credentials and the password will be gone. You can then assign a new one or use a different method of unlocking the Lockscreen.
    06-24-2014 05:26 AM
    I am still having same problem. It does not recognize my finger print. I get a "No Match" message. So i know i am swiping it correct. And the alternate password that i thought i had does not work. So i cannot get into the screen to delete the finger print. The alternate password is not the Samsung password, it is not the google password.
    Fortunately i use pattern to unlock my phone. So i can use the phone. I just wanted to delete the non-working fingerprint..
    Since you can unlock your phone you should be able to do this. Make sure that you are going to Settings>Fingerprint. (At first I was trying to do this from Settings>Lock Screen>Screen Lock>Fingerprint which does not work.)
    07-02-2014 09:55 AM
    Did not even know about android device manager. This worked great.

PS i did still have to go in and deauthorize the finger print after locking this way. apparently this just re-sets the lock screen password. once you change it to something else it reverts back to the unknown alternative password. Deauthorizing the fingerprint and rescanning your fingerprint allowed me to change the alternative password.
    07-07-2014 11:10 AM
    thank u very much....Just got my password reset.....
    07-09-2014 04:37 PM
    This worked for me, Thank you so much!
    07-09-2014 10:21 PM
    I can't find Settings>Fingerprint I only see settings>finger scanner.
    07-17-2014 03:37 PM
    I can't find Settings>Fingerprint I only see settings>finger scanner.
    That's the one!

Sent From Another Galaxy
    07-17-2014 04:53 PM
    I don't know y'all from a can of paint...but Ma'am...thank you for the "back" key part. I was touching and pressing and talking and praying.....

Mad love to ya!

PP
    07-19-2014 12:19 PM
    I was locked out of my phone. Last night I chose fingerprint as my lock screen and after trying to sign in that way it wouldn't recognize my finger. Then, my alternative password wouldn't work. Then, I tried so many times that it locked me out and it would only accept my alternative password only. I chatted with Sprint online and they suggested I reset. Oh, hell no. So I found this thread and took the suggestion to go to Android device manager. From there I changed my Pin for the lockscreen and it let me back into my phone. Thank you so much for the advice. I was about to go crazy.. or I already went crazy.. and now I'm not anymore ... lol... Thanks again.
    07-20-2014 03:37 PM
199 1234 ...