Forgot my Alternate Password...

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: cannot unlock my mobile with mu usual password

:)My mobile is working but cannot unlock it with my usual password.

Hopefully you have registered it with either Google+ or with Samsung's website and can unlock it there.

If you are able to get into the phone and use it, erase all of the Credentials and the password will be gone. You can then assign a new one or use a different method of unlocking the Lockscreen.

BirdsOfAFeather

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I am still having same problem. It does not recognize my finger print. I get a "No Match" message. So i know i am swiping it correct. And the alternate password that i thought i had does not work. So i cannot get into the screen to delete the finger print. The alternate password is not the Samsung password, it is not the google password.
Fortunately i use pattern to unlock my phone. So i can use the phone. I just wanted to delete the non-working fingerprint..

Since you can unlock your phone you should be able to do this. Make sure that you are going to Settings>Fingerprint. (At first I was trying to do this from Settings>Lock Screen>Screen Lock>Fingerprint which does not work.)

jb5294

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Easy had that happen to me... Just go online to android device manager log in with your google log in wait till it locates your phone u then click to lock your device it asks you for a new password. It over rides whatever password or lock feature u have on it. Then you get phone type the new password and boom problem solved :cool:

Did not even know about android device manager. This worked great.

PS i did still have to go in and deauthorize the finger print after locking this way. apparently this just re-sets the lock screen password. once you change it to something else it reverts back to the unknown alternative password. Deauthorizing the fingerprint and rescanning your fingerprint allowed me to change the alternative password.

Last edited:

Erica Nicole1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I was locked out of my phone. Last night I chose fingerprint as my lock screen and after trying to sign in that way it wouldn't recognize my finger. Then, my alternative password wouldn't work. Then, I tried so many times that it locked me out and it would only accept my alternative password only. I chatted with Sprint online and they suggested I reset. Oh, hell no. So I found this thread and took the suggestion to go to Android device manager. From there I changed my Pin for the lockscreen and it let me back into my phone. Thank you so much for the advice. I was about to go crazy.. or I already went crazy.. and now I'm not anymore ... lol... Thanks again.

Jillian Caputo

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
the alternative passwords is not my gmail password. :( i stupidly registered my cracked yucky finger and now it wont register my finger, i lock me screen with the swipe, but want to erase my old fingerprints... and cant do that without the alternative password. So im back to square one. help.

Vaynetta Granado

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much. I've been on the phone with Google for over 2 hours only to be told that the only way was to clear my phone to factory settings which was unacceptable. If you're ever in Dallas, i owe you a Texas sized steak!!

Daryl LDN

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I entered the samsung kids app on my S5 and stupidly forgotten my pin for the app and also my alternative password ... Like everyone else!!! And I'm stuck on it! I have tried everything but factory reset which is not an option. HELP!

Laura Figueroa1

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
did you configure your samsung account ( find my mobile ) ? you can unlock your screen by this way :)

Some posted to deregister finger pints and you don't need an alternative password. And it's true. Thank you for the info, greatly appreciate it...

Last edited by a moderator:

olivierdeklerk

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
hello, i need help!!
so this is what happend to me, i had wet fingers so my fingerscan did not work for about 20 or 30 times, now i have to put in my alternative password, but i do not know what that is.
i really do not want to reset my device! and when i tried to use the android device manager, they could not find my phone!
PLEASSS HELP MEEEE!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance