04-24-2018 08:17 PM
199 12345 ...
tools
    the alternative passwords is not my gmail password. i stupidly registered my cracked yucky finger and now it wont register my finger, i lock me screen with the swipe, but want to erase my old fingerprints... and cant do that without the alternative password. So im back to square one. help.
    07-22-2014 09:14 PM
    I am in the same boat. so frustrating.
    07-22-2014 09:23 PM
    How the heck do you guys forget your password?!

-Sent from Tapatalk
    07-24-2014 12:48 AM
    Thank you so much. I've been on the phone with Google for over 2 hours only to be told that the only way was to clear my phone to factory settings which was unacceptable. If you're ever in Dallas, i owe you a Texas sized steak!!
    07-24-2014 09:31 AM
    Because we always use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone.
    07-24-2014 09:33 AM
    Thank YOU! worked perfectly!!!
    07-28-2014 05:41 PM
    I entered the samsung kids app on my S5 and stupidly forgotten my pin for the app and also my alternative password ... Like everyone else!!! And I'm stuck on it! I have tried everything but factory reset which is not an option. HELP!
    07-31-2014 01:33 PM
    did you configure your samsung account ( find my mobile ) ? you can unlock your screen by this way
    Some posted to deregister finger pints and you don't need an alternative password. And it's true. Thank you for the info, greatly appreciate it...
    08-05-2014 05:19 AM
    i cannot open
    08-08-2014 09:17 AM
    hello, i need help!!
    so this is what happend to me, i had wet fingers so my fingerscan did not work for about 20 or 30 times, now i have to put in my alternative password, but i do not know what that is.
    i really do not want to reset my device! and when i tried to use the android device manager, they could not find my phone!
    PLEASSS HELP MEEEE!!!
    Antonio Abarquez likes this.
    08-13-2014 03:11 AM
    thank you this totally worked !!!!
    08-14-2014 05:26 AM
    what most i do ??
    08-17-2014 04:19 PM
    How do I get my galaxy s5 alternate passcode.
    08-18-2014 06:06 PM
    Thanks .... you are the best
    08-20-2014 07:31 AM
    The process of going to Google Device Manager on a PC worked perfectly for me. I had called ATT customer service and they told me that I had to do a master reset to reset my forgotten password. Now I don't have to do that. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!
    08-20-2014 08:12 PM
    Easy had that happen to me... Just go online to android device manager log in with your google log in wait till it locates your phone u then click to lock your device it asks you for a new password. It over rides whatever password or lock feature u have on it. Then you get phone type the new password and boom problem solved
    Perfect. Worked like a charm! You are the BEST. ATT Customer Service told me that I had to do a master reset. Not now thanks to your awesome TIP. Thanks a bunch!
    08-20-2014 08:18 PM
    I can't find that functionality on android device manager. Can you please provide a link?

Thanks in advance.
    harleyd6805 likes this.
    08-20-2014 11:08 PM
    Great Advice, Thanks worked like a charm !
    08-21-2014 05:53 AM
    i forgot my password on my Samsung S5 and i need help
    08-26-2014 03:31 AM
    My fingerprint scanner stopped working a few days ago after 2 months working great. It won't recognize any of the 3 prints I had saved. When it asks for the alternative password, it says wrong password. I did not forget the password. It just will not take. I tried the Google password as suggested in this forum and still no luck. Strange that the home screen lock takes the alternate password but not the fingerprint manager. So I used the Android Device Manager and changed the lock screen. When I went back in the phone, I changed to just swipe, no security. But, when I go back to the fingerprint manager in device settings, I cannot delete the prints. It asks for a finger print, which will not take. It asks for an alternative password, which will not take. It's enough to drive one to drink. I can't imagine what could have changed to make the scanner not work any longer.
    mmcarn likes this.
    08-26-2014 09:45 AM
    Instructions have changed on how to work Android Device Manager. Go to this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...word-help.html
    08-26-2014 03:36 PM
    My fingerprint scanner stopped working a few days ago after 2 months working great. It won't recognize any of the 3 prints I had saved. When it asks for the alternative password, it says wrong password. I did not forget the password. It just will not take. I tried the Google password as suggested in this forum and still no luck. Strange that the home screen lock takes the alternate password but not the fingerprint manager. So I used the Android Device Manager and changed the lock screen. When I went back in the phone, I changed to just swipe, no security. But, when I go back to the fingerprint manager in device settings, I cannot delete the prints. It asks for a finger print, which will not take. It asks for an alternative password, which will not take. It's enough to drive one to drink. I can't imagine what could have changed to make the scanner not work any longer.
    Go to Settings / Fingerprint Manager. Then go to Menu in the upper right and click, Deregister." Then tap the selected finger print and then tap the delete icon in the upper right.
    08-26-2014 04:10 PM
    it's been said that when you delete all the fingerprints this password is removed. then you start over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Dah ....... how do you Erase the Fingerprints without the Alternate Password and NonWorking Fingerpint
    08-27-2014 08:43 PM
    On your Samsung S5 go to:
    Settings - fingerprint manager - you'll see your 3 registered fingerprints. Touch the first one. In the top right corner touch the 3 dots. Tell it to "Deregister" the first one will be deleted. Do the same for the other two. When the last is "deregistered" it will say that your lock screen has been returned to "Swipe" mode.
    Sorry, on my S5 when I go to FingerPrint Manager is say in a small print underneath "you have 2 fingerprints registered" ... but does not display the 2 individual prints individually so I can perform a "long press" to deregister it. When I hit the small print line, it goes to my Alternative Password screen, which I doesn't work.

Anybody have this ... also? Or am I on another screen?
    08-27-2014 10:33 PM
    Sorry, on my S5 when I go to FingerPrint Manager is say in a small print underneath "you have 2 fingerprints registered" ... but does not display the 2 individual prints individually so I can perform a "long press" to deregister it. When I hit the small print line, it goes to my Alternative Password screen, which I doesn't work.

Anybody have this ... also? Or am I on another screen?
    First go to Menu (3 dots) in upper right and then tap Deregister. Then tap one of the fingerprints and then tap the Delete icon in the upper right.
    mmcarn likes this.
    08-28-2014 08:58 AM
199 12345 ...