04-24-2018 08:17 PM
199 ... 5678
tools
    Thanks should have worked. But, I tried it. It locate it my phone, and I even tried the ring to make sure it is connected. Went on to change the password. Once done, I tried the password and it didn't work. Tried it again and still didn't work. And I am not even given the finger print option. Any other advice?
    Brittany DiGiammo likes this.
    05-06-2015 08:44 PM
    That didn't work for me. Google just told me that it verified that I already have a lock on the screen so the password I just entered won't be needed.
    05-24-2015 11:16 AM
    Do you ever find a fix to this? My phone's been locked up with the same issue for days, and I can't find a resolution short of wiping all my personal data anywhere.
    05-30-2015 11:56 PM
    If you have tried all the methods in...

Recover Android Device in case of Forgot password/pattern unlock an Android device

...it is Factory Data Reset time!

Lets be honest... it wouldn't be much of a security system if it was easy to bypass!
    05-31-2015 03:03 AM
    I have forgotten my alternative password for my Samsung Galaxy S5. I went to the Android device manager website and login with my Google accounts and click on Lock. I was asked to create a new Password, which I did. However, Anytime I create the password, I receive the message below: "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed". Whenever I try to enter the new password on my phone too it doesn't work. Could somebody help with a suggestion please.

Alex
    05-31-2015 07:37 PM
    Mine locked and I can't afford to factory reset mine.. I tried the android device manager it locks it but then I try n put in that password that I did on the app it won't work the screen is just black... What do I do.. Help please

Hallo Darylene! I have the same problem as you - both mobile data and wifi are turned off on my phone so the ADM location service is not working for me. So now I'm locked out and don't remember my alternate password. Did you manage to solve the problem? And if so, how? Thanks, John
    06-03-2015 05:29 PM
    Ya i tried that but it says i already have a lock and that it wont change it
    06-07-2015 10:39 PM
    Hate to be a jerk, but how in the world are you all forgetting your password?

-Sent from Tapatalk

There are some certain kind of apps, opening new phone, neweverything better than old phones but it demands to download stuff, how many characters, numerical, letters can we use. We often change password but when stress comes along, you forget. When you get older, you forget.
    06-08-2015 06:36 PM
    This really blows.... Being deaf is a lot harder to figure out with words alone. Is there any way you can show us the video without deleting all these photos, contacts and videos? I'll be upset if I have to delete everything! Seriously. You need to remove that finger scanner of for good riddance! Sheesh. I dislike this!
    06-08-2015 06:42 PM
    will it work if even the device is offline ? it happened to me too but iwas not connected to any type of internet so now i have to take my device back
    06-11-2015 12:10 PM
    hy please assist, I forgot my alternative password and when I log In with my google log in its not locating........please assit
    06-15-2015 02:49 AM
    hy please assist, I forgot my alternative password and when I log In with my google log in its not locating........please assit
    Have you tried all the methods in post #179, above?

Recover Android Device in case of Forgot password/pattern unlock an Android device
    06-15-2015 03:03 AM
    I just tried this and it nothing happens:

Just go online to android device manager log in with your google log in wait till it locates your phone u then click to lock your device it asks you for a new password. It over rides whatever password or lock feature u have on it. Then you get phone type the new password and boom problem solved.

~SR
    06-24-2015 10:19 AM
    I tried, but after I do the "Lock" and key in the new password, it show this:
    " Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed".
    FYI, when I try to locate my phone, the device location is turn off. does it mean I can't locate my phone and hence can't activate my new password?

So what is my option now? Anyone can help? thanks, Shawn
    06-29-2015 06:35 PM
    I think the Federal government has more important things to do.
    07-03-2015 04:12 PM
    there is no upper right click under fingerprint manager
    07-09-2015 02:15 PM
    SNOOP97DAWG, I just tried this and seems to no longer work...
    Any other suggestions?
    07-27-2015 02:09 PM
    Dave Horner posted this and it worked for me!! Go to settings then do a search for Finger Scanner and deregister! PHEWWWW LIFE SAVER
    As mentioned earlier Samsung Galaxy my website discusses this a bit more... but in case you prefer this information inline:

Delete all the fingerprints registered (verifying by fingerprint or alternative password) inside the Fingerprint manager (settings->Finger Scanner). When all registered prints are removed (long pressing and deleting each registered print), the lock screen will go back to swipe.

Cheers
    --dave
    07-27-2015 02:13 PM
    I tried this but when it tried to sent a request to the phone, it said that it already had a password and that the one i tried to set it as was not needed.
    selbeazley likes this.
    08-08-2015 11:33 PM
    How do I get log on? what is the website? will the android site will show my alternative password?

but my device is not active how can you retrieve it? because it say it need the device to be active
    09-15-2015 03:42 AM
    So after reading through 8 pages of this entire forum I finally figured out the solution to the second problem only a few number of people, like myself, are having. If you CAN completely get in and out of your phone and access everything but you CAN'T change your alternative password nor delete your previously saved fingerprints due to the fact that to do either of these things you constantly get prompted for your alternative password which your phone then doesn't except. Regardless of if you forgot the password or are putting it in correctly and it's not being accepted there is a relatively easy fix.

Basically, you just go to your Settings and then go to you Application Manager. Once there go to the list that gives you ALL your applications not just your downloaded or SD card ones. From there scroll down until you see an app entitled Fingerprints. Click on this and simply click on Clear Data. After that is done go back to your Fingerprint Scanner and you should be able to finally enter your Fingerprint Manager to delete the preexisting fingerprint registrations and all that jazz. You shouldn't be prompted for any passwords to get into the Fingerprint Manager. If you are, try restarting your phone to make sure the data got deleted properly.

Hope this helps!

I can't take full credit for it because the idea was sparked thanks to usoska's suggestion (post #170) to download Titanium Backup if your phone is rooted.
    09-24-2015 03:13 PM
    I want to pass on my experiences (similar to yours) hoping that it will help...

Like many others, after several failed attempts to use my fingerprint to unlock my phone, I was being asked for a backup password. Unfortunately, the one I had written down did not work. At one point, the phone asked me to log-in with Google. Possibly due to the fact that I use a Google Apps account or because I have 2-step authentication, that didn't work. I also tried Android Device Manager, but it wouldn't let me change the lock code because the phone was already locked. What a waste of a service if it really doesn't let you manage the phone.. but that's another topic.

I was locked out of my phone for hours (which sucks when you have 2-step authentication, believe me!)

But, Samsung to the rescue. I read a tip that Samsung's "Find My Mobile" can remotely unlock your phone. Sure enough, "Find My Mobile" is Android Device Manager done right. You're able to put your phone into power saving mode, unlock the screen, check call logs, be alerted if someone changes your SIM, locate the device, wipe the phone and more. Using a tablet, I unlocked my Note 5 and I was back in business. This time, I added each of my thumbprints twice to help improve accuracy and double checked my backup password.

Enable Samsung's Find My Mobile to save yourself if you're in a similar situation. findmymobile[dot]samsung[dot]com/mindex.jsp#
    09-25-2015 02:34 PM
    zzzzzzzzz.doc

I am getting a message that says "Since google has verified that a screen look is already set, the password you entered wont be needed"

this is after i followed the steps mentioned

please help i don't want to erase all my files
    selbeazley and Ghod Dhammit like this.
    10-08-2015 01:41 AM
    The issue i have is that my phone wont show me the log on via google option??
    Find my phone doesnt work as I hadnt registered yet - the phone is less than 2 weeks old.
    Finger print was on - stopped working. Told me the alternate password was wrong. Gave the option to unlock via google - i did and changed the password.. it then locked itself and the new password wont work either! I did this before reading that i had to disable the finger prints.
    My question is, will log in via google only come up so often? No matter how many times i try my password it just ends up saying 'try again in 25 seconds'
    Rang samsung - useless and so was my phone carrier..
    I need this fixed!!!
    10-30-2015 07:56 PM
    I just happen to mess around with it and I found the solution

1. Unlock your phone with your finger print.
    2. Go to "setting"
    3. Go to "finger scanner"
    4. Once you see "fingerprint 1", click on the three dots on the upper right hand corner and click "deregister"

Vola. Hope this helps
    11-02-2015 01:17 AM
199 ... 5678