S5 Email client starting to remind me of Samsung Fascinate

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung stock email client on my Verizon s5 does not pull down my POP 3 email (Optimum Online) no matter how many times I refresh. If I delete and recreate the account, it works for about a day and then the problem reoccurs. When I had email issues with my Fascinate's Samsung email client, I set up Gmail to pull from my POP 3 account. I did this again as a workaround and it works, albeit with a significant delay in getting a message as compared with when it hits my POP3 inbox. Anyone else have issues like this?

little jake

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Identical problem with my S5. Deleted and reinstalled email account - lasted only a few hours before problem recurring. Also spontaneous disappearance of current day's emails. Appears to retrieve less than 50% of emails from server.

Have just switched on my s5 and watched a refresh download 6 or 7 new emails, half disappearing irretrievably after a split second's display. There never seem to be more than 2 or 3 on display of the current day's emails. All of those 7 days and older remain.

For me the S5 is not fit for purpose without reliable email access.

Last edited: