shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, I went from a Galaxy s4 to an s5 and I backed up my s4 using Kies but it only backed up settings, mall, messages and call logs, I wasn't able to check APPS. any idea what I did wrong? In the future can I back everything up in the Cloud using Samsung and my Gmail information?

Thank you,

Shane

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, I went from a Galaxy s4 to an s5 and I backed up my s4 using Kies but it only backed up settings, mall, messages and call logs, I wasn't able to check APPS. any idea what I did wrong? In the future can I back everything up in the Cloud using Samsung and my Gmail information?

Thank you,

Shane

Did the same and kies was of no help, no apps or even default settings, nothing, the only thing that works the most was installing Samsung Smart Switch, it passed everything except my Calls Log (Don't know why because it says that it did it, I even tried 3 times, it seems that the Call Log Format on the S5 is different) and the Apps. But at least I got my messages and rest of settings like Wifi, Bluetooth and Wallpapers and others, things that Kies didn't.

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Are there ways using Native Backup and Restore in the app/ Samsung or would that not do the APPS? I was trying to avoid having to go into my Play Store on the new phone, and re download each of my apps I wanted and then the Folders on home screen and widgets. any way to mirror the phone 100%?

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Are there ways using Native Backup and Restore in the app/ Samsung or would that not do the APPS? I was trying to avoid having to go into my Play Store on the new phone, and re download each of my apps I wanted and then the Folders on home screen and widgets. any way to mirror the phone 100%?

When i logged into my phone, almost all my app, just re-downloaded on my s5 from the playstore. I did not have to manually download each app i wanted.. I came from an s3.