Samsung Galaxy S5...Speaker phone everytime I make a call

Szarka24

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
OK i cannot figure this one out. Everytime i take a call or make a call...speaker phone comes on.I do not want speaker phone on. and also how can you get a number keypad while on a call?

Thanks
Andrea

scooubasteve

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Mine just started doing this today, this is the first time I've noticed it and it's really annoying when you call Home Depot and can't get to a department because you have no number pad...

-Steve

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
This used to happen a lot to me on my GS4. turns out my chin, even without touching the phone, was activating the mute button because the proximity was so close. Another thing to check is your automation apps (third party). I use AutomateIT which by default will turn the speakerphone on if the phone isn't close enough to your ear.

simon.l

May 8, 2014
Visit site
yep also had this problem, i checked all of the above and although i had some of the items listed my problem was still there after i changed them, this got me thinking and so i went into the toolbox and selected 'car mode'. it didn't matter if it was on or off and i then went into the setting for this app and deleted all the 'registered cars' and also unchecked the 'auto open via bluetooth' option and now i have all the keypad and speaker options available to me when i make a call.

(note that i didn't check which of the 'car mode' settings was causing the problem, so maybe you don't need to do everything?)

Thanks to all the posters for steering me in the right direction, hopefully this last one will help someone else.

Simon

Macarim

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Fixed it! Go to Settings, then Applications, then S Voice. Uncheck "Auto Start Speakerphone." Voila!

You are an angel! Thank you. That took about 30 seconds to change. No more calls being overheard by everyone while I struggle to get them off speakerphone in a decent amount of time!:D

anon(9257400)

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone...
Same exact problem over here, been trying every single suggestion I've found here and still my calls starts on speaker!
What I've found out is that the speaker stays on no matter what even when the phone is in stand by.
Every single hand free software is disabled, no Bluetooth or car registered, talk back disable!
This damn glitch is driving me up the wall :mad:

doutlaw

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. This just started recently. Speaker phone will come on when I answer a call.. I have to this the speaker button twice for the call to resume on the handset. If a call waiting call comes in, the speaker comes on again. I have done a full reset on my phone and it still happens. I have disabled S Voice too, and still the same problem. :(

Marcial Ramos

May 29, 2015
Visit site
So I was having the same problems and nothing was working. but then I remembered the last thing I did before my Speaker would come on when I answered calls, and I think I figured it out. It had to do with my bluetooth, so what i did was connect it to a bluetooth device, call myself with another phone, i played with the speakers by turning it on and off (leaving the speaker off when i hung up). then i disconnected it from the bluetooth an called myself again and it worked! hopefully this helps someone ;)

Gene915

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
My phone started this after the android 5.1.1 update. What worked for me was going to Settings - > Language and input - > read notifications aloud. There I turned off settings to read notifications. While we shouldn't have to do this, it worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781