Galaxy S5 - Studio Beats Wireless (not enough volume)

daveup2bat

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I discovered that the Galaxy S5 and the (Beats by Dre Studio Wireless) are not a good match. The volume is very low, and I have tried to sync the head phones with other S5's in the store and they have the same issue, however on my iPhone 5S the volume is nearly double. Some research shows that it's a software issue on the S5 that causes the problem and there is no fix. I took it to as Samsung tech in Best Buy and he could not resolve. Adjusting all the levels on the Samsung didn't do anything, even wired headphones were nearly twice as loud. I really wanted these head phones for the gym, but will have to either go wired or stay with my Jaybird Bluebuds wireless head phones.

This is a big disappointment!!! If anyone figures out a good work around, please post.

Attachments

• 3201206_ra.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500.jpg
    3201206_ra.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
interesting, are your other Bluetooth headphones louder ?? as in more normal output, as expected ?? paired my lg + but have not used them yet.
thanks

daveup2bat

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Not really louder, in fact my Jaybirds are the same volume on both my IPhone and my S5, but at least they are in ear and you have less outside noise, it seems really to get any real sound volume you need wired headset, the loudest I get are from the head phones I got with my iPhone (wired). I haven't tried the wired version of the Beats yet... but I don't think I would buy those, the whole idea of getting them was so I didn't have to deal with the cord at the gym. I may test the Bose, but I am starting to think it's a Bluetooth issue in general.

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have Beat Solo HD's and they seem okay but definitely not loud. I didn't think it was that much louder on my iPhone either though. In the past, Monster released a driver for Android phones to help with this issue but it has been removed. I'm hoping that will change and we may see this again.

P.S. - I'm sick of the Anti-Beats fanboys. For the price, Beats headphones get the job done, I'm sure the purist audiophile needs a set of headphones that are 2x the price, but personally I don't need that for what I do.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have Beat Solo HD's and they seem okay but definitely not loud. I didn't think it was that much louder on my iPhone either though. In the past, Monster released a driver for Android phones to help with this issue but it has been removed. I'm hoping that will change and we may see this again.

P.S. - I'm sick of the Anti-Beats fanboys. For the price, Beats headphones get the job done, I'm sure the purist audiophile needs a set of headphones that are 2x the price, but personally I don't need that for what I do.

Lol. My problem with Beats is the price they charge. I can easily get headphones for a much less price that are either better or the same in sound quality. That's all. Beats puts out nice sound but not, 379.99 worth (as in the the Studio Wireless).

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
That is fine, but what does it have to do with the OP? Trolling a thread just to show your opinion of the product and not offer any insight on helping the OP is not necessary. But hey, that's just my opinion, just like yours about Beats.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
That is fine, but what does it have to do with the OP? Trolling a thread just to show your opinion of the product and not offer any insight on helping the OP is not necessary. But hey, that's just my opinion, just like yours about Beats.

I'm not trolling (edit). Since you're new around here, I will give ya some slack. We poke fun around here and enjoy the forum. If I am trolling or flaming, you will know it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Congrats, you just defined the word "Trolling" within 3 posts on one thread. So please, inform me where on this thread you offered any assistance to the OP?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Congrats, you just defined the word "Trolling" within 3 posts on one thread. So please, inform me where on this thread you offered any assistance to the OP?

Moving along now. I won't take your pathetic attempt to bait and create an argument. Go flash your forum police badge elsewhere.

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Moving along now. I won't take your pathetic attempt to bait and create an argument. Go flash your forum police badge elsewhere.

All I'm saying is that a "New member" (OP and myself) may not know that you are here to "poke fun" at him being that he only has 5 posts on the boards as well. I have no problem, with "poking fun", I am all about creating a response with information on how to help the OP and then "poke fun". Not just leave a useless comment to get your post count up so that you can call yourself an Official eThug.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I think your best bet is to wait for a software update to hopefully improve the volume.

I personally use Beats Mixr's which are the loudest beats headphones created, they will make you deaf if put them even close to max so even if your phone has poor headphone jack output, the Mixr's will still have good volume. The other thing I like about the Mixr's is they have a tight clamp making them ideal for working out or running. Its basicslly impossible to have them slip off your head but they can get uncomfortable at times.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

m3monkey

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I discovered that the Galaxy S5 and the (Beats by Dre Studio Wireless) are not a good match. The volume is very low, and I have tried to sync the head phones with other S5's in the store and they have the same issue, however on my iPhone 5S the volume is nearly double. Some research shows that it's a software issue on the S5 that causes the problem and there is no fix. I took it to as Samsung tech in Best Buy and he could not resolve. Adjusting all the levels on the Samsung didn't do anything, even wired headphones were nearly twice as loud. I really wanted these head phones for the gym, but will have to either go wired or stay with my Jaybird Bluebuds wireless head phones.

This is a big disappointment!!! If anyone figures out a good work around, please post.

Back to the post. I have an s5 and studio wireless. I too realized that the volume was way too low when it was maxed out on the s5. But, raising the volume on the headphones gives you additional volume. Which in my opinion was loud enough. I never got to max it out. Hope this helps! But on another not. The pause feature doesn't work. Googling it got me here.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I use beats solo HD's. They've worked with the S4, note 3 and now the S5 but the volume is not as loud as on the iPhone/ipod touch.

I also use a pair of Samsung Bluetooth earphones and a pair of Sennheiser's.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Just so u know if your in Music player you can look for the volume and then EQ button. You can then change volume, sound dynamics and different profiles to make them really loud.

Posted via Android Central App

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I use Google music and neutron. And I have to say that if you want volume and clarity try neutron. I use Google play music in the car but for my headphones I use neutron music player, it's loud and I love it. Hope this helps.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The S5's music output via the headphone jack is only 0.008 mw compared to the iphone's 0.016 and HTC's 0.015. The difference is actually very large.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I cannot attest to your specific headphones, bu I find my LG Tone+ Bluetooth headphones are plenty loud on my S5, and actually louder than it was on my S3. That is using Play Music.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
It's unfortunate that your new headphones don't work. But like you said, I would recommend using blue buds x. I use them at the gym and they're perfect. They get loud enough and you don't have to worry about the cord. Also you can do exercises while laying done. I tried using some big over ear headphones and they tend to fall off if you lay down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci