S5 Made in?

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree!
Unfortunately just about everything in America is made in China (or somewhere else). A friend of mine argued that he never buys anything made in China...right.
I asked to see his shirt tag, uh oh.....shoes, wallet, belt, etc. all made in China. I told him to go home and check every appliance in his house....TV, stereo, land-line phone, hair dryer.......
Guess what?
Our import to export ratio is way out of whack. We need to get a handle on this.

yea, the last place id want my phone to be made in is china (and mine is unfortunately)

procol

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
According to the report from PCMag.com, GS5 for Korean, Japanese carriers and AT&T are assembled in Korea, to be specific, Samsung campus in Gumi. Samsung have their own phone assembly lines in Korea, Vietnam and China. I guess what determines "Made in XXX" label is usually the carrier to which the device is supposed to be shipped.

dpgnas

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't believe it either but I ran this app just to make sure and it said made in china. Apps name was: phone info. I think north american consumers are getting the short end of the stick here. Were paying alot more than the eropeans and asians. At least they are getting the made in korea and vietnam ones.

Posted via Android Central App

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't believe it either but I ran this app just to make sure and it said made in china. Apps name was: phone info. I think north american consumers are getting the short end of the stick here. Were paying alot more than the eropeans and asians. At least they are getting the made in korea and vietnam ones.

You do know that the S5 costs almost 800$ unlocked here in Switzerland? Paying more in the US? Don't think so.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Savannah GA. AT&T white 16 gig. Says "made in Korea" under the battery. Can't find the word "China" anywhere on the phone or box. The power plug that plugs into the wall is, in fact, printed with "made in China" on it.

But NOT the phone..

dpgnas

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
You do know that the S5 costs almost 800$ unlocked here in Switzerland? Paying more in the US? Don't think so.

Your right. What I meant to say is that I think it will cost less to make it in china than it is in vietnam. But thats just a guess. And im guessing yours is not made in china?

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Mine is made in Korea. I'm in North America. Savannah, GA, to be precise. Maybe it's just verizon that is short changing you with cheap China phones.. I'm with AT&T

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Your right. What I meant to say is that I think it will cost less to make it in china than it is in vietnam. But thats just a guess. And im guessing yours is not made in china?

Mine's made in China, unfortunately

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i just ordered my 3rd device....first 2 made in china and had major issues like bezel being dented/scratched, to what looks like cigarette ash under the camera lens...

dpgnas

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If your's made in china than I guess Europeans got shaftted by samsung as well. I wonder what percentage of s5's are china made...

dpgnas

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i just ordered my 3rd device....first 2 made in china and had major issues like bezel being dented/scratched, to what looks like cigarette ash under the camera lens...

Lol Ya i forgot to mention there was a little bit of glue left on the back where the battery was placed on my s5 and I took it back to the store to show them and they just told me to wipe it off haha. Let us know about the third one once you get it.