04-29-2016 12:35 PM
64 123
tools
    I'm Verizon, mine says "Made in China".
    04-21-2014 09:08 PM
    just got my replacement one from sprint...still made in china
    04-21-2014 10:48 PM
    Where else would you make it? China is where all the best engineers are.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    I hope you're kidding.
    photoman333 likes this.
    04-22-2014 07:48 AM
    I couldn't believe it either but I ran this app just to make sure and it said made in china. Apps name was: phone info. I think north american consumers are getting the short end of the stick here. Were paying alot more than the eropeans and asians. At least they are getting the made in korea and vietnam ones.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-22-2014 10:51 AM
    I couldn't believe it either but I ran this app just to make sure and it said made in china. Apps name was: phone info. I think north american consumers are getting the short end of the stick here. Were paying alot more than the eropeans and asians. At least they are getting the made in korea and vietnam ones.

You do know that the S5 costs almost 800$ unlocked here in Switzerland? Paying more in the US? Don't think so.
    japetty likes this.
    04-22-2014 02:49 PM
    I'm in Savannah GA. AT&T white 16 gig. Says "made in Korea" under the battery. Can't find the word "China" anywhere on the phone or box. The power plug that plugs into the wall is, in fact, printed with "made in China" on it.

But NOT the phone..
    04-22-2014 03:47 PM
    Mine says made in china under the battery. Mine is Verizon

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    04-22-2014 04:02 PM
    You do know that the S5 costs almost 800$ unlocked here in Switzerland? Paying more in the US? Don't think so.
    Your right. What I meant to say is that I think it will cost less to make it in china than it is in vietnam. But thats just a guess. And im guessing yours is not made in china?

04-22-2014 08:50 PM

Mine is made in Korea. I'm in North America. Savannah, GA, to be precise. Maybe it's just verizon that is short changing you with cheap China phones.. I'm with AT&T
    04-23-2014 01:30 AM
    Mine, made in Korea (ATT Version)
    04-23-2014 02:04 AM
    Your right. What I meant to say is that I think it will cost less to make it in china than it is in vietnam. But thats just a guess. And im guessing yours is not made in china?

Mine's made in China, unfortunately
    dpgnas likes this.
    04-23-2014 02:40 AM
    i just ordered my 3rd device....first 2 made in china and had major issues like bezel being dented/scratched, to what looks like cigarette ash under the camera lens...
    04-23-2014 03:32 AM
    If your's made in china than I guess Europeans got shaftted by samsung as well. I wonder what percentage of s5's are china made...

04-23-2014 11:16 AM
    i just ordered my 3rd device....first 2 made in china and had major issues like bezel being dented/scratched, to what looks like cigarette ash under the camera lens...
    Lol Ya i forgot to mention there was a little bit of glue left on the back where the battery was placed on my s5 and I took it back to the store to show them and they just told me to wipe it off haha. Let us know about the third one once you get it.

04-23-2014 11:21 AM
    I I wanted a china made phone I would have gotten the oneplus one
    http://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_one_is...-news-8349.php

04-23-2014 11:34 AM
    Lol Ya i forgot to mention there was a little bit of glue left on the back where the battery was placed on my s5 and I took it back to the store to show them and they just told me to wipe it off haha. Let us know about the third one once you get it.

its my third and final phone...its on the way.....i can't exchange anymore due to being outside of the 14 day policy..it better not have obvious issues....

the glue, i could handle....but ash in the camera lens? and the bezel being dented? screw that...
    04-23-2014 04:11 PM
    Its usually u relevant to where your phones are made in.

Ummm... Phones are generally cheaper in the united states. S5 retails in India for 1,000 USD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    04-23-2014 04:36 PM
    Funny my girlfriend is from China and she said she can get a Galaxy S 5 knock off for hundred dollars. Thanks Verizon. I'm really surprised that Samsung is allowing Verizon to send cheap knock off phones to there customers. My phone came with a faulty Sims card, and a hair line scratch in the screen. I'm all about supporting cheap if the customer reaps the benefits. This is not the case in our situation.
    06-06-2014 07:48 PM
    Funny my girlfriend is from China and she said she can get a Galaxy S 5 knockoff for hundred dollars. Thanks Verizon. I'm really surprised that Samsung is allowing Verizon to send cheap knockoff phones to there customers. My phone came with a faulty Sims card, and a hair line scratch in the screen. I'm all about supporting cheap if the customer reaps the benefits. This is not the case in our situation.
    06-06-2014 07:52 PM
    yea, the last place id want my phone to be made in is china (and mine is unfortunately)
    06-06-2014 07:56 PM
    Funny my girlfriend is from China and she said she can get a Galaxy S 5 knockoff for hundred dollars. Thanks Verizon. I'm really surprised that Samsung is allowing Verizon to send cheap knockoff phones to there customers. My phone came with a faulty Sims card, and a hair line scratch in the screen. I'm all about supporting cheap if the customer reaps the benefits. This is not the case in our situation.

yea, the last place id want my phone to be made in is china (and mine is unfortunately)
    06-06-2014 07:59 PM
    My SM-G900I
    made in Vietnam by Samsung.
    06-06-2014 08:26 PM
    My SM-G900I
    made in Vietnam by Samsung.
    Lol you can get that phone for free from China jk. We are talking about the flagship of phones GS 5 and how there getting out sourced by Verizon or Samsung.
    06-06-2014 11:00 PM
    my s5 from tmobile is also china. battery is all china.
    06-07-2014 02:43 PM
    Lol you can get that phone for free from China jk. We are talking about the flagship of phones GS 5 and how there getting out sourced by Verizon or Samsung.
    ????????
    The title of this thread is .....
    Where is your Samsung S5 made in?
    So i duly answered this.
    What are u carrying on about ????

Many Thanks
    06-07-2014 07:17 PM
64 123