pictures to sd card

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone figured of how to get the s5 to save pictures and video to the sd card? I'm not an i d i o t, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The real problem is deleting pictures from the SD card. No picture app I've used, stock, Google or otherwise, will delete pictures from the SD card. The only app that will is My Files browser. But that can only display tiny thumbnails.

For convenience sake, I may have to save pictures to internal memory and occasionally archive them to external SD.

Really wish Google didn't screw with SD card users like this.

Posted via Android Central App

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The real problem is deleting pictures from the SD card. No picture app I've used, stock, Google or otherwise, will delete pictures from the SD card. The only app that will is My Files browser. But that can only display tiny thumbnails.

For convenience sake, I may have to save pictures to internal memory and occasionally archive them to external SD.

Even the Samsung gallery app?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I swear it didn't work earlier today, but I can delete pics from the SD card with the Gallery app. Not sure why I thought I couldn't.

The Gallery app does display all of my edited pictures in the Pixlr Express folder twice. Same file name both times. If I delete one, the thumbnail for the duplicate remains, but you get the broken picture icon when you tap on it. There is no picture when it's viewed through Quickpic.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I installed my SD card and my camera app automatically saved to it. I also delete and edit photos all the time from it. Haven't had any issues yet.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I can delete pics perfectly fine on my SD card from the gallery app

-Sent from Tapatalk

Richard Williams12

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an SD card installed on the S5 and had settings on the camera to goto sdcard, however when I do a storage glance it says it has used memory on my main device.. am I just reading this wrong?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an SD card installed on the S5 and had settings on the camera to goto sdcard, however when I do a storage glance it says it has used memory on my main device.. am I just reading this wrong?

Ya probably

You can always manually check to see where it is being stored via the built-in file manager "my files"

-Sent from Tapatalk

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You can delete them easy from the memory card . I do it from the gallery all the time . Just long press on the pic and the waste basket appears . Or pull the memory card and plug it into your computer .

Last edited:

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Stills are by default saved to an SD card unless in burst mode. Check and see if you are in burst mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674