how to remove the "verizon wireless" text from lockscreen?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
You can download a 3d party lock screen from the Google Play Store. Otherwise your stuck with it. Mine has AT&T on it. It was a little annoying at first, but I got used to it. All part of carrier branding.

Mark_C

May 4, 2012
Visit site
No need to change lockscreen, go settings -> lockscreen -> additional information and make sure it is set to OFF.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
It isn't part of carrier Branding as I have an unbranded phone and Mine shows Vodafone UK on the Lock Screen whether I turn off the setting to show information or not

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It isn't part of carrier Branding as I have an unbranded phone and Mine shows Vodafone UK on the Lock Screen whether I turn off the setting to show information or not

Yes. Carrier branding. It shows what network you are on.

Posted via Android Central App

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I thought Carrier Branding meant that the Firmware/Rom was edited by the Carrier and put onto the phone before shipping leading to bloatware etc?

Displaying the carrier on the lockscreen is something most phones do all the time, it may even be required by law in some areas but i'm not sure why. I've never had a phone where the network wasn't displayed on the home/lockscreen

deftdrummer

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Nexus devices do not have this obviously. This is part of your skinz / carrier branding that is inherent with devices like the Galaxy line and many others.

Roy Mustang

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
not a fan of it at all, it's pretty annoying ....

If you have a rooted device then you can remove that lockscreen carrier branding text as well as the text in the notification area by installing Xposed Framework and then Wanam Xposed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken it pulls the network name from the SIM card. Hence if I slap an AT&T SIM into my T-Mobile it will say AT&T in all the spots it says T-Mobile now.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Carrier branding. It shows what network you are on.

Posted via Android Central App

It's not part of the Carrier Branding. It's in the FW and built in by the OEM to display what Carrier you're connected to. The iPhone and Windows Phones do the same thing, and the carriers aren't allowed to modify those OSes.

It's there for informational purposes. Some people SIM Swap and that info is useful.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's not part of the Carrier Branding. It's in the FW and built in by the OEM to display what Carrier you're connected to. The iPhone and Windows Phones do the same thing, and the carriers aren't allowed to modify those OSes.

It's there for informational purposes. Some people SIM Swap and that info is useful.

seems pretty obvious carrier branding. Call it what you want, describe it how you want, carrier still displayed. And that's ok. It should be that way.

Roy Mustang

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken it pulls the network name from the SIM card. Hence if I slap an AT&T SIM into my T-Mobile it will say AT&T in all the spots it says T-Mobile now.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Rightly said.

GGearX

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well since I can't do that does anyone know how to remove the notification bar in the lockscreen? I dont like that it displays the time 2 times. it doesnt make sense.

Roy Mustang

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
you can already root the s5? wow thats fast. i dont know where to look into doing that though.

Chainfire has already worked out root method for certain variants of the s5,head to XDA developers forum to see for yourself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca