Lockscreen: Missed Call

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine is AT&T, and shows who called...if I receive more than one missed call, it just list the names.
umu6u2ym.jpg

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My lock screen showed a missed text with my cousins name. Similar to Redhat's screenshot above. I'd think it would be the same as a missed call.

Using stock, touch wiz. Fingerprint scanner turned on.

On T-Mobile. USA.

Sorry no screen shot, didn't think of it or if I can do one from the lock screen.

Posted via Android Central App

mjlee89

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this issue, I thought it was the same with text messages but there's an option to show preview in lock screen. If you have no security to unlock the phone it will show missed call then the number or contact under it but it seems if you have any kind of unlock security enabled such as fingerprint or pattern then is will just show "missed call" with "missed call" underneath, looks like they think if you've got a security unlock on then you don't want numbers to show, which is a bit poor, there should at least have an option to show it.. hopefully they'll fix this.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Not 100% positive on this, but I think you need to have the phone # linked to a contact in your contact list for it to show you exactly WHO called you. If not, It'll just say "Missed Call".

Your device will link the # to a contact in your contact list, IF you have a contact with that same number in your contact list/address book.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this issue, I thought it was the same with text messages but there's an option to show preview in lock screen. If you have no security to unlock the phone it will show missed call then the number or contact under it but it seems if you have any kind of unlock security enabled such as fingerprint or pattern then is will just show "missed call" with "missed call" underneath, looks like they think if you've got a security unlock on then you don't want numbers to show, which is a bit poor, there should at least have an option to show it.. hopefully they'll fix this.

yep i have fingerprint..so that's probably why...thanks for solving this!

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Whew! I was beginning to think I was crazy. It worked just fine on my husband's phone. But, when I tried to fix the setting on a friend's phone, I couldn't get it to work. My husband has no security setting, and my friend does. Now it makes sense. Thanks.

Pirates4tech

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
go to settings > application> all > badge provider> clear data & clear cache.

Or

Go to settings>>Applications manager>>all applications (on the top) locate the badge provider app, once in there clear data and restart your phone.

Jackye Hodge

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
On Samsung gs5 lock screen, if you are a you mail subscriber and the app who are ou this will stop your viewing of callers on lock screen. I had to delete the Who are You App... Now I can view caller...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles