Only took a week....

jesse_h

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My S5 took a hard and awkward fall yesterday, the LED (AMOLED screen under the glass) is destroyed, but the glass is completely fine. :(

I have the device protection plan with Rogers, so i'm working on getting a replacement, i'm actually on hold with them right now.

Last edited:

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't even leave the AT&T store without a case. Of course I went next day and picked up an Otterbox Defender. I'm hoping it will be more durable in the Defender.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My Old HTC One X was tough as anything, i dropped it all the time and quite literally threw it around and it never had a problem. I haven't yet dropped this one but I am worrying that If I do it will break, I've ordered a meta bumper case but will this actually help If I drop it? I feel like it will transfer the shock rather than absorb it? also installing a tempered glass screen protector. Order all of these things on tuesday but bloody bank holiday weekend means I won't get them til the day after tomorrow :(

I have however got a fake s-view case from ebay which looks good but I don't like it as it doesn't have the rubber seal around the battery which is obviously what makes the phone waterproof. It doesn't work with the phone like a proper one would but they cost ?45 which is ridiculous.

I also have a leather pouch style case with a pully thing so you can get the phone out, that was from Poundland but I really like it

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
since the glass is intact, I wonder if this could be replaced under the one year warranty?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

jesse_h

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had it in an otterbox defender, I thought for sure it would have been fine.

There's no external damage at all, obviously because of the otterbox, I'm not sure if the warranty angle will work.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My S5 took a hard and awkward fall yesterday, the LED is destroyed, but the glass is completely fine. :(

I have the device protection plan with Rogers, so i'm working on getting a replacement, i'm actually on hold with them right now.

So the drop caused internal damage to destroy the LED? But looking on it from the outside it looks completely normal?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
That sucks...starting to not like the things happening

What "things" are that? Phone was dropped. Things break when they are dropped. Just like the S4 Active, people were not properly checking the seal and were water damaging their phones and complaining about how it's Samsungs fault and not their own. Which in turn caused many to think the Active was not a good phone. Unfortunately things happen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC