Yes it is waterproof so far..

davew41

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have washed my samsung galaxy each morning since release date (AT&T) no issues yet with mild soap, sponge and water..
I heard that there is some kind of coating on the screen that you are not supposed to use soap? no idea..

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
And why are you washing your phone with soap?

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, curious about that myself. Glad to know it's held up well against the water but I think I read that soap will eventually remove or degrade the coating on the screen.

Sara Di

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the soap is to kill any germs that may be on it. I've seen those news reports that show your cell phone is crawling with germs! I've been known to clean my phone with hand sanitizer.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the soap is to kill any germs that may be on it. I've seen those news reports that show your cell phone is crawling with germs! I've been known to clean my phone with hand sanitizer.

So are door knobs and bus rails. :)

I wash my hands 50 times a day about. I never thought it was necessary to soap up my phone, waterproof or not.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I treat the IP67 designation as an extra layer of protection in case I ever need it.... not something I want to test or play around with.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow well its good your phone stood up to the water. I would be too afraid to try. In fact as soon as lifeproof comes out with the case for the S5, I'll be buying it

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I treat the IP67 designation as an extra layer of protection in case I ever need it.... not something I want to test or play around with.

Agreed

Also, washing the screen with detergents can cause the oleophobic coating to wear off

-Sent from Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca